Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Automatic Rearview Dipping Mirror

stompe

I always wanted a rearview dipping mirror but could not be bothered doing all the wiring. I found this on the web and have bought one. I am really pleased with the mirror and the service provided. The attached link will give you more information and colour options.

Stompe

http://www.alphamirror.com/index.php?secti...amp;TAG=DIGITAL

Sorry but your link does not seem to work :(

Looks like a neat solution - thanks !

Which colour did you choose and how long was delivery ?

( All we need now is a similarly neat solution to the lack of heated/folding door mirrors!)

Mind taking a few pics of your mirror installed in your car? I've looked through the website but can't seem to find an image of the actual product, just several diagrams explaining the science behind it.

( All we need now is a similarly neat solution to the lack of heated/folding door mirrors!)

I have got the amber one as it is best for HRD headlights. It was a very fast delivery, took approx a week from USA.

Mind taking a few pics of your mirror installed in your car? I've looked through the website but can't seem to find an image of the actual product, just several diagrams explaining the science behind it.

No problem with taking some pictures but if some one could tell me how to post pictures on this site, I will put them on here.

Thanks

Stompe

Stompe,

A couple more questions if you don't mind !

* How dark or distracting is the tint ? (especially at night)

* Have you tried the mirror with polarized sun glasses ? is there any interaction (ie additional darkening)

* The mirror attachment is quite large - how does this look ? do you end up seeing more oft he inside rear of the car than the road behind ?

Thanks !

Stompe,

A couple more questions if you don't mind !

* How dark or distracting is the tint ? (especially at night)

* Have you tried the mirror with polarized sun glasses ? is there any interaction (ie additional darkening)

* The mirror attachment is quite large - how does this look ? do you end up seeing more oft he inside rear of the car than the road behind ?

Thanks !

Hi,

I do not find the mirror distracting at all in fact quite the opposite. With today's modern headlights I find the glare really spoiling night driving but now coupled with the special wing mirrors I have purchased on my vehicle, night driving is not a chore now. I am sorry I do not have polarized sun glasses so cannot answer that question. On the size of the mirror I find it gives me more vision out the back window and also inside the car.

Hope this helps.

Stompe

I have got the amber one as it is best for HRD headlights. It was a very fast delivery, took approx a week from USA.

On the below website I think your prayers are answered re heated/folding door mirrors! Look at the signal mirror housing and auto folding mirror module.

http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/jdm/prius/prius0405.php

On the below website I think your prayers are answered re heated/folding door mirrors! Look at the signal mirror housing and auto folding mirror module.

Yes - but not cheap though !

Thanks for your reply - what special thing have you done to the wing mirrors ?

By the way - did you buy the alpha mirror on the weekend special price ?

Thanks

Yes - but not cheap though !

Thanks for your reply - what special thing have you done to the wing mirrors ?

By the way - did you buy the alpha mirror on the weekend special price ?

Thanks

I bought the Photocatalytic mirrors from Sigma Automotive which I think are brilliant. I did not buy the alpha mirror on the weekend special price as I have had the mirror for quite some time!

Stompe

Very interesting !

So the description of those mirrors implies that you don't need heated mirrors for winter ! Have you tested this (ie how did they perform over winter and frosty days ?) I am dreading not having heated mirrors !

Thanks for your answers Stompe ! my new Prius arrives next week apparently and replaces a Discovery with all the toys. My bank balance will be better off for this change - just hoping the car will take 5 of us without too many squabbles.

Very interesting !

So the description of those mirrors implies that you don't need heated mirrors for winter ! Have you tested this (ie how did they perform over winter and frosty days ?) I am dreading not having heated mirrors !

Thanks for your answers Stompe ! my new Prius arrives next week apparently and replaces a Discovery with all the toys. My bank balance will be better off for this change - just hoping the car will take 5 of us without too many squabbles.

My main reason for buying the mirrors was the anti-glare, the self cleaning and the visability in the rain. As the Prius does not have heated mirrors anyway, they do not ice up in the winter but there was a slight mist which soon went after driving off, although we do get mild winters down South! The mirrors, in my opinion, perform well.

Thanks for your reply Stompe - Looks like I will invest in a set of door mirrors and the dipping interior mirror !

update 6 June - Ordered the mirrors from a friend in Japan and just bought the dipping mirror.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old post but I have just bought this mirror for my other ride and it appears not to be working correctly.

The mirror does not auto-dim... meaning it does not gradually go to the dim mod as the brightness gets closer to the back of my car. It more like a light switch... it either on or off.... How does your mirror work when light is sensed by the mirror.

Also, I have a middle backseat headrest. I am sure it confuses the mirror. I mounted the mirror upside down so that the sensors would be higher and they appear to work.... Does your mirror work when there is a middle seat headrest in the way?

Thanks

I know this is an old post but I have just bought this mirror for my other ride and it appears not to be working correctly.

The mirror does not auto-dim... meaning it does not gradually go to the dim mod as the brightness gets closer to the back of my car. It more like a light switch... it either on or off.... How does your mirror work when light is sensed by the mirror.

Also, I have a middle backseat headrest. I am sure it confuses the mirror. I mounted the mirror upside down so that the sensors would be higher and they appear to work.... Does your mirror work when there is a middle seat headrest in the way?

Thanks

I had no problem with this mirror once I pushed the mirror as far up to the headline as possible. It always worked well but it did used to eat batteries. Just a thought, make sure you do not cover the sensor at the front.

Stompe

:thumbsup:

I flip it and it works better....

BUT did it dim like a light switch... meaning ... it's on or off... or did it gradually dim when the light was sensed by the mirror....

I am getting an on and off kind of dimming...

I flip it and it works better....

BUT did it dim like a light switch... meaning ... it's on or off... or did it gradually dim when the light was sensed by the mirror....

I am getting an on and off kind of dimming...

Hi MG

From what i remember it was a kind of a gradual fading on and off

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links