Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Bhp For Pennies!

edwardio

Do you want more power, but want it cheap....

Then buy these products for HP increases!

Or you could just throw your money down the loo!

If you bought all these products you could get a whopping (upto) +130HP! or not!

Turbonator

Turbonator

This produces upto 55% HP increase!

+25HP D-Boost performance chip

+25HP D-Boost chip

This produces over 25 HP increase!

EcoTek

EcoTek

This improves general performance!

Replacement Oxygen Sensor

Oxygen Sensor

This produces upto 15% performance increase!

Vortex Tornado

Vortex Tornado

This produces over 35 HP increase!

Please add any other useless mods you can find out there for sale!

If anybody has purchased any of these, then please reply or PM me as I'd like to know if they do work or anything.

picked up a copy of this months "motoer mechanic" when i was ordering parts today. A UK company called Prolong has released a product called "MPG+".

They are claiming massive reductions in emmisions : CO down 75%

HC down 50%

NOx down 91%

Had to have a look on the website......... even claims of increased performance and that with this you dont need to use high octane fuel. They recon its an organic matter that breaks down large molecules of hydrocarbons into smaller more combustable particles. Sounded interesting then all credibility went when they claimed it offered a similar performance increase to that of adding an octane boost - them boosts have been proven not to work and in some cases decrease performance.

Do you think its worth a try - i can always have me emmissions checked to validate/invalidate there claims but would be weary of adding unproven technology.

By all mean if you fancy going it a go you should. Them saying it can improve performance is probably, because it will aid in cleaning the engine by removing carbon deposits. As a clean engine, is a more powerful and efficent engine.

Try it and let us know. I'm doing a test with acetone at the moment, so go ahead and try this MPG+.

I think people misinterpret Octane readings... Higher octane fuel does not give more power; -if anything its less likely to ignite!

All the octane rating is, is the measurement of how stable the fuel is against auto-igniting. - So a higher octane rated fuel can be run on a more advanced spark, increasing engine efficiency with a reduced change of knocking or detting.

As for the power mods.... Think of the money I could have saved if I hadn't have wasted it on hybrid turbos and aftermarket management :(

I found another one!!

Sinspeed +25BHP chip

Sinspeed

This should produce upto 25BHP or more depending on your setup, all for £15!!

These working by tricking the air flow temp signal, so why not just insulate your airbox & flow pipe as that would do the same. All for £1 as you could use a windscreen sun screen and cut it up!!

I know what you're saying about higher octane Karma. These bottle of octane booster are crap and don't work. The only thing higher octane (or Superunleaded) fuel does is to clean your engine. With that cleaning, it means the engine runs better at more towards it 'as new' state. Therefore improving your mpg & performance as a result.

This link is a good read about these chips. The writer has a couple of rpm -> speed calculation wrong, but on the whole it's spot on.

Cheap HP gain chips

Oh found a fuel saver this time!!

Turbomag Max XT4 fuel saver

Fuel saver for any make car

Basically stick a powerfull magnet on your fuel line to break down carbon particles!

Oh found a fuel saver this time!!

Turbomag Max XT4 fuel saver

Fuel saver for any make car

Basically stick a powerfull magnet on your fuel line to break down carbon particles!

I saw that on Mythbusters, that dosn't work at all :P

• 2 months later...

I actually had a 1999 renault megane coupe 1.6 16v, running with Bosch super 4s, BMC carbon air box and an eco tek valve using Shell optimax (as it was then known). And can honestley say the eco tek valve works only in the low to mid range as i did tests on the bypass bank next to us. When i reached the point to slow down with the eco tek valve in i reached a top speed of 97 mph. Without the valve i was reaching a speed of 90 mph ,not a great difference but noticed a difference on the initial acceleration through all gears. The test was done over a few days and in different conditions (cold days and warm days).

• 5 months later...

Just beware of all those cheap stuff. According to what I've read on forums, they usually do not work, or simply add a resistor to trick your oxygen sensor.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried a bag of sugar from your corner shop, car is going like a rocket after filling tank. Forget those chip kits from your local chippy, they just clog up your pipes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links