Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 D4d Mpg

theone

Hi peeps, am new here.... 5 door t-spirit owner:)

Just wondering what sort of MPG you guys are getting. I commute mainly A roads 73 miles a day, and i'm averageing 43mpg. Only had the car for 11days, so wondering how most get 50mpg. Will it get better with running in?

thanks in advance...

First reset the counter often as you are still running the car in. It may take more than 11 days before you know the car well to drive economically (and the car to loosen up). I have done over 54+mpg in the country where traffic lights are rare however my journey into work (15 minutes drive but due to traffic it can take 50 mins) I get 46/47mpg (my every day average) but I drive carefully and only floor it no more than one time a journey.

My dad does 60mpg in his 2.0 D-4D (Avensis) so physically it is possible but only because he travels off peek and is a little obsessed with mpg. It is heavy traffic that is the killer and what makes it hard to compare two cars.

General tips are to shift up before the up shift indicator lights but make sure the down shift indicator never shows. Use 4th gear in 31mph as much as possible and 5th gear 41mph and 6th gear 51mph will give you the best economy etc…. I am sure you know all the tips... like easing off instead of using your breaks and use mild engine breaking may help. A well waxed car may give you 1mpg if you travel at higher speeds!

• 2 weeks later...
First reset the counter often as you are still running the car in. It may take more than 11 days before you know the car well to drive economically (and the car to loosen up). I have done over 54+mpg in the country where traffic lights are rare however my journey into work (15 minutes drive but due to traffic it can take 50 mins) I get 46/47mpg (my every day average) but I drive carefully and only floor it no more than one time a journey.

My dad does 60mpg in his 2.0 D-4D (Avensis) so physically it is possible but only because he travels off peek and is a little obsessed with mpg. It is heavy traffic that is the killer and what makes it hard to compare two cars.

General tips are to shift up before the up shift indicator lights but make sure the down shift indicator never shows. Use 4th gear in 31mph as much as possible and 5th gear 41mph and 6th gear 51mph will give you the best economy etc…. I am sure you know all the tips... like easing off instead of using your breaks and use mild engine breaking may help. A well waxed car may give you 1mpg if you travel at higher speeds!

I'm normally at about 47mpg overall, though the record is Birmingham to Cambridge and 62mpg. Traffic lights seem to be the really killer - I often turn my engine off in slow queues on the way to work.

I often turn my engine off in slow queues on the way to work.
That really is obsessive. I only do this on rail crossings. :P

I guess we can concur 47mpg the typical everyday score for 2.0 D-4D with the potential to do 55+ on day trips.

I often turn my engine off in slow queues on the way to work.
That really is obsessive. I only do this on rail crossings. :P

It's only really at one set of traffic lights - I arrive at 48mpg (from 100 miles driving) with a cold engine and pull off again at 45mpg. It's just so depressing to see the mpg fall and to spare me the pain I turn the engine off.

Obsessive? Me? Never...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links