Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 Lpg Conversion?

vvti_fan

As petrol prices soar, and since i use my car for Business miles, which is re-imbursed, i was pondering having an LPG conversion .

Does anyone know what this is likely to cost on a '03 VVTI?

Any other views welcome as well.

I'm told the tank is put in the spare tyre well, is this correct?

As petrol prices soar, and since i use my car for Business miles, which is re-imbursed, i was pondering having an LPG conversion .

Does anyone know what this is likely to cost on a '03 VVTI?

Any other views welcome as well.

I'm told the tank is put in the spare tyre well, is this correct?

Dont do it, the cost of this will be about £1500 by the time you've finished. The number of miles you will need to do to pay with off will be vast, all major car manafactuers have stopped dealing with LPG as it has caused lots of problems especially with cracked heads. Its more suitable on a 4ltr V8 Range Rover as the engines are very strong and they do get some seriously horrendous fuel consumption figures, your car isnt really bad enough on fuel to warrant the change.

Stick with the Celica or buy a Diesel provided you do over 18,000 miles a year as this is the break even mileage for Diesel cars to be cheaper to run than petrols.

I hope you find this useful. :thumbsup:

interesting 18,000 miles figure, where did you find that cabcurtains?

I've worked within the fleet information industry for 7yrs, specifically for a computer software company, our fleet management systems crunch the numbers for large fleet operators and leasing companies. The 18k is based on the same models competing head to head eg Focus 1.6 LX Petrol vs 1.6 TDCi LX Diesel, Diesel has better MPG but Diesel is more expensive to buy and they cost more to service, as well as the car being more expensive to buy initially vs a Petrol.

besides diesel sounds crap lol if your getting your petroy back whats the worry my company pay for my petrol and im still making money on when i use my car for work and thats only on 40p per mile

besides diesel sounds crap lol if your getting your petroy back whats the worry my company pay for my petrol and im still making money on when i use my car for work and thats only on 40p per mile

Hi

I have a converted gen 6 auto. Just to throw my opinion in the mix, I also travel business miles, 550 per week, it costs me 22 quid (current price is 52.9per litre) to fill from empty and gets me around 220 miles. Not sure what MPG this works out as. However running the celly on petrol costs me bout 40 quid to do the same milage!!

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup: Hi. We converted our Corolla Verso 1.8 vvti 40k miles ago. We had a flashlube kit installed which prevents valve seat wear. Our car has the gas tank in the spare wheel well which holds 40 litres and costs about £22 to fill for 230 miles approx (school run and local trips). The system we had installed is a multipoint injection (do not go for a cheap single point system) which uses the original engine management systems. The factory fit trip computer works correctly and even though the lpg consumption is about 20% higher than petrol we are still getting the cost equivelant of 60mpg. Toyota do not recommend conversions to lpg but our local main dealer services a lexus that runs on lpg that has well over 100k on the clock. I would not hesitate to convert another car to lpg as the day to day running cost are what hit you in the pocket. On a 15000 mile a year car our break even point was about 30 months. You have to declare the conversion to your insurance company (it cost me an extra £30) which was offset by the reduction in the excise duty - notify the DVLA.

My 'runabout' is a nearly mint 2 lady owner 1997 celica GT with 57000 on the clock with full toyota history. Only got it 2 months ago so its still bog standard. I can't decide to leave it this way or not. I am considering subtle mods - an induction kit,17''alloys and an exhaust system. Any thoughts and recommendations?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links