Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Corolla

hbaker

I took my 2003 Corolla in for an oil and transmission fluid change at 35,000 miles the other day. When the car was on the lift I noticed that the tires on the front are wearing unevenly, with the most wear showing on the outside portion of both the front tires. The tires on the rear are wearing evenly and show less wear overall. The tires are the original equipment (Goodyear Integrity P185/65R15) and have been rotated from the front to the back three times since the car was new. The car still holds the road well, but I want to replace the front tires in the next 3,500 miles. Obviously I would like to correct the front end problem prior to buying new tires. I can't find any information in the '03 owner's manual that relates to this problem.......Any suggestions??????

I have had the same problem with my T Sport.

At first i thought it was my driving (new car driving like a fool)but the car has done 16000 miles and is on its 3rd set of tyres all wearing as you described.My friend works in quick fit and has changed the tracking slightly as he said it was spot on but couldnt be right as the tyres were wearing on the outer edge .

If you find out anything please post it on here

Yeah have to agree, sounds like the tracking is out. Too much TOE IN. Front drive cars are always heavier on the front tyres so you expect the rears to outlast the fronts. Generally if the fronts wear heavy on the outside you either do a lot of hard cornering or there's too much toe in. I they wear on the insides too much toe out. Its not the sort of thing they cover in owners manuals, but if you have a workshop manual it should be in that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links