Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Slipping

adam_d

Well, this is what I get for saying it was doing so well so far...

The Auris has done just over 4000 miles now, and sometimes when you pull away, the clutch has started to slip already. It doesn't do it every time, so I'm guessing it's not wear on the plate, but possibly something with the release bearing? Anybody else having this problem?

It is a 1.6 petrol T Spirit model.

Well, this is what I get for saying it was doing so well so far...

The Auris has done just over 4000 miles now, and sometimes when you pull away, the clutch has started to slip already. It doesn't do it every time, so I'm guessing it's not wear on the plate, but possibly something with the release bearing? Anybody else having this problem?

It is a 1.6 petrol T Spirit model.

Well since I have VSC can't notice anything there and I'm guessing the system also protects this sort of problems. However I noticed another problem. My clutch pedal is start to squick I'm guessing is the spring of the pedal. Not a big problem and seems that only occurs when the car is cold once you run with it for a while it goes away. Still its a very annoying sounds specially because you can ear it well outside much better in fact then inside the car. My Saxo had this problem after only 7 or 8 years!! What kind of parts is Toyota using the car has 25 000 km and 1 year only :angry:

Talking about clutch...can you hear metalic clunky sound (front of the car) when you depress or release the clutch pedal? I told about it Toyota dealer and they "fixed" it but now is back. I have never heard that in any car I've driven.

Talking about clutch...can you hear metalic clunky sound (front of the car) when you depress or release the clutch pedal? I told about it Toyota dealer and they "fixed" it but now is back. I have never heard that in any car I've driven.

Well I have to types of sounds the worst is outside yes its a metalic clunky which I think must be from the spring but this seems to go way when the car warms up. The other I can ear it inside the car only and it is clearly a spring sound of when you stretch one for example.

Either way I think they are both related to the clutch pedal spring and its quite annoying. It is not understandable how can a car with 1 year have this problem. To had to this I have the rattles noise in the dashboard, they had to fix to brakes and now the front breaks I think are making noise when you brake but that can be be worn out pads so I don't think its a problem besides its not so noticeable as the others. I don't know what kind of parts is Toyota using but I'm getting tired :angry:

Yep, clunking here too. Any ideas on the cause of the slipping?

If it is really slipping then you must contact mr T. The simply test- pull your handbrake (must be working perfectly fine ;) ), engage 1st gear and try to slowly drive...if the car doesn't move but revs almost do not drop it is a clutch issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks

I have noticed when driving around that when you change gear there is quite often a little rev as

though the clutch is slightly slipping. :unsure: :unsure:

Its getting to the point that i notice it all the time unless you total take your foot of the clutch pedal

before re accelerating.

The car has always done this and i now have done 9000 miles.

Do you think i should tell the dealer as my10000 mile service is coming up and the car

is still less than a year old

any help / advice would be much appreciated

Stuarty.... B) :P

There is something funny going on especially when you change to 3rd and 4th gear (up). Not always but sometimes you can feel short delay before gearbox is fully engaged. I am going to keep an eye on it and then probably speak to T.

If it is really slipping then you must contact mr T. The simply test- pull your handbrake (must be working perfectly fine ;) ), engage 1st gear and try to slowly drive...if the car doesn't move but revs almost do not drop it is a clutch issue.

Is this a clunk noise when you're sat with the car in neutral and you put the clutch/let it out?

If it is it seems to be pretty common

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links