Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Handbrake Adjustment!

uncoiledwonder

pretty simple guys! (he hopes)

where is the handbrake adjustment, i looked around the handbrake removing all the plastic! then round the rear wheels! dont know if just missed it! or is it under the car somewhere???

oh update on my car changed discs, pads, oil, filter, spark plugs and reset ECU still engine light comes on though the car runs smoother! part from if i hold revs at 5,000 for couple of secs eggy smell fills car! if the engine is behind how is it filling the cabin??

thanxs!

Pull the parking brake lever all the way up, and count the number of clicks. Parking brake lever travel at 196 N (20 kgf, 44.1 lbf): 5 - 8 clicks. If incorrect, adjust the parking brake.

Adjusting the parking brake (see illustrations below):

a. Remove the console.

b. Loosen the lock nut and loosen the adjusting nut until the left and right parking brake cranks touch the stopper pin.

c. Start the engine and depress the brake pedal with the thread force at about 490 N (50 kgf, 110 lbf) for 10 times.

d. Tighten the adjusting nut until the cable has no looseness.

e. Pull the parking brake lever up strongly once.

f. Release the parking brake lever.

g. Turn the adjusting nut until the lever travel is correct.

h. Tighten the lock nut. Torque: 5.4 N·m (55 kgf·cm, 48 in.·lbf)

i. Release the parking brake lever and check the brake drag of the rear brake by turning the rear wheel.

j. Check that the left and right brake cranks touch the stopper pin under the condition in which the parking brake lever is released.

k. Check that the brake indicator light comes on when operating the parking brake lever.

l. Reinstall the console.

ParkingBrake-1.jpg

ParkingBrake-2.jpg

regarding your engine,

have you gutted the "pre-cats" or done a header swap.In the 00-02 models the pre-cat syndrome is more profound.this means you have 2 catyllic contervtors in your engine bay.

1 in the main downpipe.the second is located in the headers.which has known to break down its small or larger quantities and making there way into your engine.which at the day,if your engine get's damaged by this stuff....well,it's time to buy a new engine or go for a 2zz swap.[Lotus engine]Toyota wanted to create a-ULEV [ultra low emission's vehicle]

if you remove the O2 sensors and look inside you'll see a honeycomb matrix,if this is cracked or damaged it's on the way out

thheaders6.jpg

thcatsout2.jpg

downpipe side

thcatsout1.jpg

aftermarket de-catted

thched2.jpg

very little has been recorded in 03-05 models.from what I've heard less than a handful .

Pre-cat

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links