Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sheared Wheel Stud :(

u47sb2

Was in the process of swapping wheels front-to-back as the front tyres are wearing and one nut and stud sheared off when using the wrench with my hand!! Is this due to crap quality or over-tightening by the garage? (wheels haven't been off since returning from having accident damage repaired). Am most miffed as I take it I'll need to get a new hub fitted at a cost of ££s all in my week off work :(

Was in the process of swapping wheels front-to-back as the front tyres are wearing and one nut and stud sheared off when using the wrench with my hand!! Is this due to crap quality or over-tightening by the garage? (wheels haven't been off since returning from having accident damage repaired). Am most miffed as I take it I'll need to get a new hub fitted at a cost of ££s all in my week off work :(

I don't think you will need a new hub, just a new stud.

I'm sure someone else here will know for sure, but I think they are eithed screwed in or push fitted. Is it the front or rear hub ?

There was a thread a few months back about this - possibly in the MR2 section.

You certainly won't need a new hub - just a stud. As far as I know they are push fitted

edit - OK, it's in the Corolla Section.

>> here it is ! <<

Thanks for the replies, had a closer look and it'll hopfeully just be the studs. Looks as though all the studs on the front will need replaced as I think all the nuts were threaded on and presumably run on with a gun. Gonna be a nasty phonecall to the insurance repair centre tomorrow!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links