Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wynns Injector And Valve Spray

TimmyD190

has any one had any issues using the injector cleaner above. i used this at weekend its the one which you spray down the throttle body. well i removed the air box lid and sprayed the can in via the air mass metre. it all went in an not much crap came out the exhaust so she must have been pretty clean inside. but then i noticed tht the engine management light had appeared. gulp. it had to be the spray. but wht it did ill never know. the cars performance wasnt affected an the lift wrked fine. so i did the usal thing turn it on turn it off. but this didnt solve it. so by now im thinking ***** ive shagged my new car lol. so a went to shop an got some red x fuel additive and banged the whole lot in with a tenner of tesco 99. as soon as i switched her on the light went. so i think the wynns cleaner must innterupt some air sensor somewhere. an the red x cleaned it upagain. so i wouldnt advise this product to 190 owners.

• 4 months later...
has any one had any issues using the injector cleaner above. i used this at weekend its the one which you spray down the throttle body. well i removed the air box lid and sprayed the can in via the air mass metre. it all went in an not much crap came out the exhaust so she must have been pretty clean inside. but then i noticed tht the engine management light had appeared. gulp. it had to be the spray. but wht it did ill never know. the cars performance wasnt affected an the lift wrked fine. so i did the usal thing turn it on turn it off. but this didnt solve it. so by now im thinking ***** ive shagged my new car lol. so a went to shop an got some red x fuel additive and banged the whole lot in with a tenner of tesco 99. as soon as i switched her on the light went. so i think the wynns cleaner must innterupt some air sensor somewhere. an the red x cleaned it upagain. so i wouldnt advise this product to 190 owners.

Most of directions i have read so far about using those products actually mention that the light WILL be activated but will return to normal after the car has been run for a bit. So I really don't think it was the red x that fixed it.

I'd be surprised if Wynns stuff did any permanent damage to a car - it's usually very good .

At least you're sorted now anyway

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links