Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Refurb Alloys?

celica140sport

hi all im after some advice ive got the 6 spoke alloys with the split in the middle of them on my 140 and there all in a disasterous state look terrible. i cant deside whether to get all these refurbished or to buy some new rims. when i see other celicas go past i always think hmm they look nice wheels, but i can never tell which ones they are. which rims do u think look best on a celica (sport pack) ?

cheers

That's too hard a question to pose. Wheels are really a personal preference thing - You may not like what other people do, but you do so that's important !

I'm not a 5 spoke fan, but plenty of people are. The best I can suggest is find a few sets that you like the look and style of, then try and whittle the choice down a bit..

OR, refurb the ones you already have. fairly straightworward to do and cheaper than buying a new set

I had the same decision to make on my Sport Pack. Refurb my bubbling/scuffed alloys or buy new. The get them 100% refurbed, I was quoted £80 per rim and I had 5 that needed doing. So it cheaper to by new.

I've seen so many VVTI Sport packs around with different rims, so it's the norm to get them changed I think.

I bought new and got them from the site below. All you need to do is scroll through the pages, as it's already setup up for the VVTI on 17's.

Celica VVTI 17" alloys

Then just put your old alloys on eBay, like I am at the mo!

hi all im after some advice ive got the 6 spoke alloys with the split in the middle of them on my 140 and there all in a disasterous state look terrible. i cant deside whether to get all these refurbished or to buy some new rims. when i see other celicas go past i always think hmm they look nice wheels, but i can never tell which ones they are. which rims do u think look best on a celica (sport pack) ?

cheers

Refurb um urself, takes a bit of time but cheap and not hard at all.

itll be about £200 to do four wheels but he does a great job ive seen some of his work. id seen that site before i might have a wonder around Halfords see if there any rims i like. im really fussy lol im not sure about 18" thou do they look good or do they look just too big on a celica do u think?

I do the genuine T Sport 17" wheels COMPLETE WITH Pirelli P Zero tyres at £559 per set of four, delivered to any UK address

In stock ready to go!

Kingo :thumbsup:

That was for full sandblasting, repair work, powder coat (any colour) and lac. All in one day.

That was for full sandblasting, repair work, powder coat (any colour) and lac. All in one day.

There's a place near me that does that service. Drop the car off in the morning, pick it up in the afternoon. Full blast, repair and finish in whatever colour(s) you wanted. about £40 per corner.

One of the finishes they do is airbrushed lowlights on the wheels before baking. Even for a hand finished set like this you won't be looking at more than £225 for 4 wheels. Excellent service !

are the standard alloys heavy? if i buy some lightweight ones well it make much difference performance wise or will it just hurt my back going along lol

Depends on the quality of the alloy. If them being lightweight reduces their strength, then expect buckles.

However is they are just as strong as normal alloys, then you will have a performance increse. Well a torque increase anyway. As torque is a turning force, having a light object to turn means it is easier to turn. Therefore more torque can be generated, that's why you can get lightweight Flywheels and pulleys.

makes sense, i think its gunna be much better for my wallet to have them refurbed. after tht it well be looking perfect :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links