Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Did You Buy Your Aygo

hobnob

I'm thinkin on owngrading my 53 plate Avensis (1.8 t3x) to an aygo to save on insurance, tax and fuel. Went to a dealer yesterday and they were trying to sell me ex demo's for 7350 and only giving me about 4350 for my avensis (44,000) which was going to work out around £100 a month... not exactly going to say me any money since the avensis is paid for.

They claimed that this was the best deal that they could do, I'm just wondering where else people have bought them from other than dealers. Would consider second hand but still think they are going to work out more expensive than the avensis.

Test drove one and it's a cracking little car so would love to get one but I'm not prepared for it to cost me loads more money than I am already paying otherwise it defeats the object. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: just found a blue on drive the deal for £6770, unfortunately that means trying to sell the avensis privately which I was trying to avoid.

This old chestnut of buying from a broker, wanting the cheapest new car AND have the top price for your P/EX AND have it taken off you has been done to death recently in other threads. Somebody will be along here shortly to back you up but I'm speaking as one who works for a dealer. My advice is to shop around, yes its a pain, but find out who is prepared to give you a better deal, as really all your interested in is a price to change? Sadly, on a small car like the Aygo, the profit margin is small, so you wont get a big discount, but you may get a better P/EX price elsewhere

Kingo :thumbsup:

True, I wasn't expecting to get a fortune for mine but they are using the excuse that there are a few stone chips so no one will buy it, surely if it only costs me a little from chips away a dealer can get stone chips out for next to nothing.

I would even be prepared to get a 1-2 year old Aygo but the dealer I went to just were not interested in the prospect of looking into second hand cars, they are part of a big network yet the would only consider the 4 near list price ex demos that they had in stock.

Hills of Bishops Stortford

Their service was excellent. I went back there for the 10k service and that was also faultless, the bill was also £10 less than they quoted! Almost unheard of!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links