Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bought T Sport

tjr

Hi

just bought a T Sport this week. I have a baby so needed the 5 door, looked at the Yaris T-Sport but too small so went for the Corolla after seeing it in the showroom, I didn't know it existed. Had Mazda's for the last two cars, currently 323F but all their new models look dull so thought time for a change.

Anyhow I test drove a few T Sports and found if you go up the rev range without the foot to the floor you don't get the lift, was it me or is that really the case? Can anyone say their experience with getting the lift to kick in, sorry I'm no expert.

One thing I found with buying the car was their were so fairly hefty discounts to be had as people were trying to meet the end of year targets. I had 3 garages competing for my business which makes price drops good. I got a grand off the "bestest ever" price the first garage offered me, pretty good.

As for the car I got a bright red one, the wife says I'm a tart :)

Cheers

Tim

hi tjr,,,,,,

I have no problems getting into the lift range as I excellerate in any of the gears just seems to take longer if you don't change down first

if you dont put the foot to the floor, then you wont be going as fast as possible - engine will not be revving as hard as possible, and of course, you will not feel lift as you could... it will still be there, but since you are accelerating slower it will be less noticable

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure you took the T-sport for a test drive?

The T-sport Corolla only comes in the 3 door format.

Sure it wasnt a T-spirit that you took out? That would explain the lack of "lift"

Yes you are right about the T-Sport being available in 5 door form in some countries

I've had my 5 door, yes 5 door T sport 5 days now and it's great. The 5 door model has only been available for 3 weeks and some garages denied it's existance until they looked it up! But it does exist and it is a perfect all round car for me. On my own you can have lots of fun, and I've since found (as spwolf said) to get the lift all you have to do is floor it! Only problem is I haven't given it the gentle run in they suggest, tut tut as I slap my wrists, but I won't keep it long enough to worry :o)

Great car so far, no niggles at all, I have seen the slightly erratic tickover but can't say it bothers me, doesn't effect driving, just doesn't look right either, I'm sure there is a lausible reason for it.

Anyhow for those family people out there go have a look, with plenty haggled off the price, santa has been kind.

I'll post a picture if you really don't believe the 5 door exists in the UK, and it was bought from Bury St Edmunds Toyota so o import either

Cheers

Tim

Hi peeps,

I can confirm that you can now get the 5door T-sport in the UK. We have been building them for sometime now in order to fill showrooms. The strange thing is they even told us at work that the five door model would not be available even though we have been building them!!!!!!:mad:You may have to ask your dealer if your interested though as not all of them will have demonstators. Hope this clears up any douts about whether the five door exists or not. Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links