Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed (gen 7 Gts)

PHILGTS

my car makes a ratchet-like sound when I decelerate in gear.

as soon as I throw the clutch in, it goes away.

as soon as I give it a little gas and it accelerates it goes away.

I'm located in Ontario,

if anybody has any ideas throw 'em at me. I hate the way the car sounds right now.

my car makes a ratchet-like sound when I decelerate in gear.

as soon as I throw the clutch in, it goes away.

as soon as I give it a little gas and it accelerates it goes away.

I'm located in Ontario,

if anybody has any ideas throw 'em at me. I hate the way the car sounds right now.

hi i think i mite have the same prob is it coming from the back end of your car?

no, I ended up trouble shooting it myself, and lo and behold it was a leak at the exhaust manifold. I asked one of the mechanical engineers at work why the ratchet sound would have happened because of leaky exhaust; he replied: when you take your foot off the accelerator, you change the pressure in the engine, which would account for the non-exhaust type sound.

anyways, I tightened the pig down and now she runs like a ghost. hope this helps :)

hey boss, update on my exhaust problem...

now that I have the manifold secured properly, I'm noticing some sounds near the back of the car. it's also idling a bit higher than it did before.

is your exhaust stock? because mine is, and I'm wondering if installing a magnaflow would reduce the back-pressure and in turn reduce that rumble near the back.

I'm just learning about this stuff, so there might be plenty wrong with what I just said. but hit me back and hopefully we can figure this out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links