Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Shakes

avensis02

Hi all.

02 Avensis, has developed a strange habit. When driving along and reaching 2000-3000 rpm the car starts to shake, as if i have a loose tyre or something to that effect. When i let my foot off the accelerator the shaking stops but then starts again when i put my foot down again. It is probably the most annoying thing I have ever experienced in a car so any help or suggestions no matter how crazy they may be will be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

Hi all.

02 Avensis, has developed a strange habit. When driving along and reaching 2000-3000 rpm the car starts to shake, as if i have a loose tyre or something to that effect. When i let my foot off the accelerator the shaking stops but then starts again when i put my foot down again. It is probably the most annoying thing I have ever experienced in a car so any help or suggestions no matter how crazy they may be will be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

Exactly what kind of shaking? Do you mean juddering?

I am having the same issue possibly slipping clutch. In my case it happens in the first gear or 2nd gear when moving off from stationary position.

It feels like as if the front tires are skidding on wet floor and the car is jumping.

Hi all.

hi I bet you own 4D Avensis, aren't you?

Cheers/Igor

It's sort of like the engine is moving around underneath the bonnet and the whole dash/steering wheel area shakes along with it. This came about very suddenly as in 1 hour i left the car, came back and it was like this. And yes its a D4D avensis, just getting on my nerves more than anything, it's only from 2000-3000 rpm which makes me think engine problems straight away :(

It's sort of like the engine is moving around underneath the bonnet and the whole dash/steering wheel area shakes along with it. This came about very suddenly as in 1 hour i left the car, came back and it was like this. And yes its a D4D avensis, just getting on my nerves more than anything, it's only from 2000-3000 rpm which makes me think engine problems straight away :(

hello

my deems are connected with your injectors.

have them tested at first posibility.

cheers/Igor

I also have a 4-door Avensis and similar problem but I fail to understand the link between number of doors and this issue. Excuse my ignorance.

I also have a 4-door Avensis and similar problem but I fail to understand the link between number of doors and this issue. Excuse my ignorance.

I think he meant that it was a D-4D ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links