Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Wiper Motor Relay

GS Bert

Hi

Been having a problem with my rear wiper motor, first of all - it started out being on all the time, no matter what position the switch on the stalk was at, now it will not move at all, well it does - when you switch the ignition on, the wiper moves about 1/2 and inch and thats it

Now i have had the motor off and had that checked, it is working fine, now a mate of mine said it might be a faulty relay, now i cant find where the relay is located, looked under the bonnet on the nearside not there i don't think! any suggestions of where the relay is if there is one

or perhaps a better diagnosis of the problem

Cheers Adrian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

It's the switches inside the wiper motor housing that are at fault here. If you take the motor out from the rear hatch, then strip it down there is a switch (for want of a better word) built into the housing to auto park the wiper. This just needs a clean up and it'll be as good as new.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

It's the switches inside the wiper motor housing that are at fault here. If you take the motor out from the rear hatch, then strip it down there is a switch (for want of a better word) built into the housing to auto park the wiper. This just needs a clean up and it'll be as good as new.

Paul

cheers Paul - i'll give that a go

Adrian

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links