Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Office

Karma Supra

whaddya reckon boys and girls???? a convo I was just having with someone who said it was total rubish caused me to ask!!!

I think its funny as hell... it does make me cringe most of the time.. and is almost embarrasing at other times.. but its funny :D

(I tried to do a poll but kept getting error messages

"THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Poll is a choice, 1 entry is not a choice"

it said in the box one answer per line.. there wasa spaces between lines.. I don't get it... any ideas?? -I can't work it out)

Sure did!!!!!!!!!

the blind date bit was funny lol

I've never really found it amusing, some bits break a smile now and again. I think it's maybe that I've never worked in an office enviroment and cant relate??

Only Fools and Horses............now thats comic genius :lol:

I've always liked the office but the xmas special was a bit of a let down (only seen the first part at time of writing). It's almost trying too hard. The video that David did (if you don't know me by now) was v funny but the rest was very bland. Hope part 2 is better.

IMO Little Britain has taken the office crown.

:D The office is a landmark in comedy.

it is fantastically written, the characters are great and Ricky Gervais has done very well to break the mould of the comedies that were getting quite frankly very boring.

The hilarity of it is that David Brent is such an oafish clown trying desperately hard to prove that he's not a sexist or a racist, pretending he's a really funny guy when he's clearly not (although some of his jokes would have me in stitches they're that bad :lol: )

I agree the comedy is found where u cringe at Brent, it's genius and it's fantastic. Unfortunately I didn't see the xmas special but i've got both series on DVD and absolutely love it.

the Lee>Dawn>Tim>new girl plot is brilliant, and could u imagine working with someone like Gareth? :lol::lol:

The Office is Quality! :D

although i think it may be true what nws25 said and maybe people who have never experianced an office environment may not be able to relate to it.. :huh:

sorry guys but i dont even find it remotely funny!

well ok i admit i smile or release a small chuckle at the odd time but im never on the floor reaching for the ventalator!

not my tea an biccys i suppose

i think it's a Comical genius personally.

Last nights way also quality..

A Poll is a choice, 1 entry is not a choice"

it said in the box one answer per line.. there wasa spaces between lines.. I don't get it... any ideas?? -I can't work it out)

I think it's becuase you need 2 choices. eg. not just yes.. yes & no??

but I had like 4 choices..a dn it still told me I need more then one :lol:

but I had like 4 choices..a dn it still told me I need more then one :lol:

strange?

I think it's great.

The term 'genius' tends to get thrown about a bit too much these days, but it is undoubtedly very, very funny, because most people can relate to it.

I've worked in an office before and alot of "The Office" hits close to home. However, since moving out of the office environment, I still find that we have "Office" moments at work.

In one Episode, Gareth comes into work humming that little tune (I can't remember the title) and gradually everybody starts to join in - That sort of thing happens all the time both at work, and at home! I especially like Garthe and actually know somebody very much like him- The sort of guy that acquired a free toaster with his personality. That guy is superb.

As for the Christmas specials, I was slightly disappointed - The first one went quite a way beyond a fairly light-hearted laugh on David Brent's behalf and overstepped the mark to become slightly depressing. The second one, however, was better - It began in much the same way as the previous episode ended, but the conclusion was heartwarming (and it's not often I feel that way about a TV programme)!

I thought the 1st series was excellent. IMO the second wasn't as good, it still had it's choice moments but I spent most of the time cringing rather than laughing.

The Office is amazing even more so if you have been in a office enviroment cos they have it down to a tee!

BTW check out Ricky Gervais' Animals, it is amazing, to say he wasnt born a "comedian" he is a classic!

Yep, very good! The biggest thing is, it's SO realistic. I think that wherever you work, there is always a character similar to one off the office. The David Brent type is a classic, and that Team Leader kid.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links