Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chrome Light Trims - Are They Tosh?

grrinc

I have been eyeing up some chrome trim kits for my Rav 4, and asked a freind if I could check out his trims to see what they are like. His came with the car but they look a bit dodgy, as in they seem to be peeling off. I wonder if they are actually moulded correctly because they seem to spring back when gently pushed back onto the light.

The ones I am looking at seem to be a 3rd party brand - any one seen 'em?

http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/index.php?p=vie...;product_id=746

Hi, I don't like the look of those ones, IMO they look quite tacky. Mines came with the chrome trim but I think it might be factory fitted. If they weren't already there then I wouldn't have went out and bought them.

'orrible :no:

The genuine Toyota ones look nicer and are proven to wear well - worth paying the bit extra if you want the extra bling to last

For whats its worth, which is probably nothing, I had rear light guards fitted by T on the 94 RAV when bought new.

The offside one has come off/got lost 3 times so I have a collection of nearside black plastic light guards!!! My opinion - not worth the bother and entirely pointless

You have to fit these chrome covers correctly, they stick on, and the point is you MUST clean the area they stick to THOUROUGHLY with meths or similar. Then when you stick them on, they stick like :censor: to a blanket :D: If they are peeling off they were'nt cleaned properly to start with

Kingo :thumbsup:

Sorry Grrinc......I don't like them :shutit:

The little mesh bit is to fussy for my taste.

i have the same ones they do look nice on the car once fitted, its comes with the cleaner and they stick very good but the only thing is your must make sure the positioning of them is spot on, i messed up a lil on my first one and the bottom bit isn't stuck on properly but because the top bit is so secure and strong u can't notice, for the price i'd say get them which is what i did as i thought going to toyota they will say something silly like £100 or something. ;)

Cheers guys.

I cant even find the Toyota ones anyway!! I saw a pair of the ones I posted on a Rav4 in front of me today ( it wasnt you was it Mr Meeks? ;) ) and I have to say I kind of liked them. I reckon I'll order a set and blue tack them on for a bit first !!

You have to fit these chrome covers correctly, they stick on, and the point is you MUST clean the area they stick to THOUROUGHLY with meths or similar. Then when you stick them on, they stick like :censor: to a blanket :D: If they are peeling off they were'nt cleaned properly to start with

Kingo :thumbsup:

So, yer a meths drinker? Ye can be weened aff it wi some furniture polish (thats polish an no Polish). Wot is it that sticks to a blanket??? No honest -

Totally hate them... looks Chavvie and cheap :sick::sick::sick:

rgds

Rob

B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links