Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knock Sensor

yellgt4

hey peeps, got a 1994 import st205 which keeps blowing knock sensors. i have had a new engine from toyota fitted. got a powerflow exhaust system, xs downpipe, turbo technics hybrid turbo running standard boost, hks panel filter. on my fourth knock sensor in 2 months. always starts the same, quick flash of management light with a code 52, then in two days after the engine has reached normal operating temp and has revved over 2000 rpm the management light comes on permenantly. has anyone else experienced anything like this. are there any mods available for the knock sensor to make it stronger.

cheers peeps

Has to be said that the knock Toyota Knock sensors are a little over sensitive however if I'd killed 2 in quick succession I'd be looking at why they keep dying i.e. increase det rather than trying to desensitising them

yep id get it booked in on a rolling road and get them to check for det, if all is ok then id look at the wiring etc

Has to be said that the knock Toyota Knock sensors are a little over sensitive however if I'd killed 2 in quick succession I'd be looking at why they keep dying i.e. increase det rather than trying to desensitising them

how do i increase det

yep id get it booked in on a rolling road and get them to check for det, if all is ok then id look at the wiring etc

cheers mate, have done that and they said to change plugs and leads, so give her a full service and see how it goes.

how do i increase det

you don't, you want to decrease it if it is detting, give the car a good service as suggested then see how you go, if it keeps up a session on the rollers will show if you are detting or not.

it could just be an electrical gremlin causing the issues

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links