Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris' Rack And Pinion

alessandro

Can someone tell me if the differential of the aygo and the differential of the new yaris 1.0 are the same? because i was thinking to put on my aygo 1.0 the differential of the yaris or better the only the rack and pinion. In this way every gear could be shorter than now, so accelleration could be better! :D

If you have a local Toyota dealer, why not ask them to look up the part numbers on the computer. I think they will be the same if they are the same part.

Paul.

Rack and Pinion are parts of the STEERING of your car,

what do they have to do with the differential???

Anyway, if you change the final drive ratio (I think that's what you're hinting at) you will

NOT shorten the gears, you'll only make the care have more torque (= better acceleration)

with less top speed, of if you want to add speed you'll loose torque.

The "lenght" of the gears is determined in the ratio's within the box, not the final drive.

Rack and Pinion are parts of the STEERING of your car,

what do they have to do with the differential???

Anyway, if you change the final drive ratio (I think that's what you're hinting at) you will

NOT shorten the gears, you'll only make the care have more torque (= better acceleration)

The "lenght" of the gears is determined in the ratio's within the box, not the final drive.

at first i'm sorry for my bad english, however the rack is on the differential, so is important to see if the yaris' and aygo's are the same! Having shorter gears is better speaking in terms of max speed for each gear. Having a 5° gear shorter I think is the top because on stock set up you could get 137 miles per hour against a 119 miles per hour with the yaris' rack and pinion.

The gearing of the transmission is the final drive multiplied by whatever gear you have selected, surely. So if you change the final drive you change all the gears, for shorter or for longer.

Paul.

The gearing of the transmission is the final drive multiplied by whatever gear you have selected, surely.

If you look at it that way I'll admit I was wrong.

But the difference between gears stays the same,

so IMHO you will not get that much of an advantage.

yes the space between a gear and the other remains the same, but accelleration to reach a determinated speed is faster!

And for example in mountain is better the stock final drive ratio or a shorter!? I guess the second!

Unfortunately my Toyota Dealer is a lot far away but if someone of you want to contact a near dealer in order to demand this information it would be fantastic

Ah, confusion on the terminology...

In mountainous terrain you'd want LOWER gearing.

Gearing ratio's can be taller or lower, a gearbox can be longer or shorter.

But as I said before; if you get lower gearing so you improve

acceleration, you sacrifice top speed AND fuel economy...

I can only suggest you buy a Yaris and then you don't have the worry about modifying an already basic, but brilliant car. If there was any benefit from fitting this stuff, surely Toyota would have done so?? :)

Top speed is not a limit beacause aygo doesn't arrive at 137mph (this is the max speed with stock 5° gear)! :lol:

Fuel economy ok, this is the only reason beacuse toyota has put on a gearbox so long!

Changing the final ratio IMHO is the best mod that we can do on this little car.

C1 Cup Rally put on a shorter final ratio, the problem is that the project is failed! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links