Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Engine Has Broken

elliottc

Hi all

I am new to the website but wanted to know if anybody has experienced excessive oil usage in their Avensis 1.8 (04 Plate 69,000 miles). Local toyota dealer was aware of excessive oil usage and told me to monitor usage (1litre per 1000 miles). was monitoring the situation was at 1100 miles per litre on the sunday. On wednesday I was driving home from work when noisey knocking noise started and loss of power / lots of smoke / flames. Fire brigade attended. Parts of engine on floor!!

Been back and forward to Toyota UK and they are not going to repair it. Only my insurance assessor has seen the vehicle estimated repairs for engine over 8K!!

Any advice welcome. Bought the car from my dad with full dealer service.

Many thanks

I took a cab home the other day and it was also Toyota Avensis 03 model (Same as mine). They guy was saying that his car was eating too much OIL and also had some problem with injectors too that makes it judder. I came home and checked the OIL in mine and it was bare minimum considering it goes for regular service and well maintainer (only 5000 this year).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links