Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Stops When It Is Cold

zgredzio69

Hi,

I have some problem with my Toyota Avensis D4D 2.0 (2002), after I washed an engine using water. It was great mistake, from that moment I can start up an engine, but if I activate any power receiver like lights or airconditioning engine stop working properly and stops. I have to warm up an engine and when temperature is proper I can switch on every electric device without any engine problems.

I cleaned every electric connector using air under pressure, checked car Battery.

Give me some advice or suggestion.

Seeems like current leak.

Here is what someone suggested to me for my car power leak.

First get a Multimeter

*Connect to the Battery and measure the Voltage and this should be 12.5V with the engine still off.

*Start the engine and now measure the voltage accross the Battery and this should be 14.5

Once this is done change the multimeter to read current (A) and one by one connect it to the fuse terminals in order b removing the fuses one at a time and then replacing them of course with the engine still off. none of these should give you reading other than Zero and if there is a reading on any one of them then check the function of that fuse i.e. wipers, headlights etc.

That would tell you where the leak is.

The above was useful for me when I was trying to locate leak iin my car.

Seeems like current leak.

Here is what someone suggested to me for my car power leak.

First get a Multimeter

*Connect to the battery and measure the Voltage and this should be 12.5V with the engine still off.

*Start the engine and now measure the voltage accross the battery and this should be 14.5

Once this is done change the multimeter to read current (A) and one by one connect it to the fuse terminals in order b removing the fuses one at a time and then replacing them of course with the engine still off. none of these should give you reading other than Zero and if there is a reading on any one of them then check the function of that fuse i.e. wipers, headlights etc.

That would tell you where the leak is.

The above was useful for me when I was trying to locate leak iin my car.

Hi, thnx for your advice. I checked a car Battery and results are proper (12.5 - engine still off, 14.0 - engine on)

I checked current in the fuse system and results are shown on the picture below.

rozkladbezpiecznikow.JPG

Unmarked fuses had an 0 A current.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links