Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Radio From Carina E

big_hard_lad

Hi all,

New round here and had a bit of a search and couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. I need to change the head unit in my 1996 Carina E and I'm struggling to remove the original toyota one. I'm presuming that the facia bit needs to come off before the actual head unit can come out but I can't seem to get it off without using a lot of force (which I don't particuarly want to do in case I break it.) If anyone can give me a few tips or pointers then it would be appreciated.

Also, I purchased this wiring adaptor off eBay....http://tinyurl.com/685ou3, it seems like the right one, would you agree? The head unit I want to fit is a Kenwood one, if it makes a difference, not sure it does!!

Look forward to reading your replies,

All the best

Chris

Hi chris, try putting a small screw driver in the gap at the top left hand side above the clock and maybe

another one on the other side,

because the clips holding it in are at the top and bottom, make sure you put something behind the driver

to protect the trim, some of them can be quite tight but don't worry it has to come off so be quite persuasive.

once you get it off, there should be four 8mm bolts to undo, then your unit should come out.

Good look fella :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Hi chris, try putting a small screw driver in the gap at the top left hand side above the clock and maybe

another one on the other side,

because the clips holding it in are at the top and bottom, make sure you put something behind the driver

to protect the trim, some of them can be quite tight but don't worry it has to come off so be quite persuasive.

once you get it off, there should be four 8mm bolts to undo, then your unit should come out.

Good look fella :thumbsup:

Following removal of the centre control panel I appear to have lost one of the small metal clips that holds the panel in place.

Can anyone please tell me where I could get those replacement metal clips?

Thanks in advance.

Should be loads at a breakers/scrap yard if not contact main dealer should only cost pennies.

Oh, and welcome to the site. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links