Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Autolock Door Avensis 2004

climber

Hi,

Since last week I'm the proud owner of a Toyota Avensis Wagon 2.0 D-4D Executive (2004 model, that's the T25 right?).

In my previous car (Renault Laguna) I could set the doorlocking mechanisme to lock the doors when driving away (anti hijack option). Is this also possible for the Avensis? If so, how can I turn it on myself?

2nd question: is it also possible to have the electric mirrors automatically fold in when turning of the engine?

(Ok, I can also press the button to fold them, but I'm a bit lazy :D )

Thanx!

Nick

Hi go to the website below search the accessory instalation manuals (AIM) there is a setting guide for the alarm system (VSS or TVS). Hope this helps its also in Dutch.

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com

Hi Greg, thanks for the link.

I went to the site and pulled down a couple of the documents to try to get this auto lock on ignition working for my 2004 Avensis Verso. It appears that the process is the same for nearly all types of VSS but I tried the method described in the instructions last night and it did not work.

Does anyone know if there is a secret step in the auto locking process that I have to go through before the steps in the Instructions?

I was going to call the Toyota Service Hotline but not at £1.50 a minute!!

Just tried to get it to work on mine but couldn't, might be worth a trip to the dealer. Get them to show you how to do it as well in case your Battery dies and the alarm resets oh and so yoiu can tell all of us.

I also tried the whole sequens (opening and closing doors etc.), but can it be this only works on a model with an alarm system (obviously, mine doesn't have one :rolleyes: ).

If so, is there any other way to switch on/off these functions?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links