Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Position

Ian99

Hi, I'm looking seriously at getting a new avensis TR and the only thing stopping me is the position of the sat nav.

I'm used to a Peugeot 407 where the sat nav is fairly close to the line of sight so the Avensis seems strange to me for two reasons firstly you need to look down to see it and secondly it seems my left arm covers the turn display bit of the screen on the right. A 30 minute test drive didn't allay my fears but I accept this isn't an awfully long time having driven the Peugeot for 4 years.

I'd be grateful for some opinions as to whether this is a problem as it's really the only thing stopping me buying? Thanks

I've had the TR since August and I have to agree that the sat nav screen is not in the best position. I am personally used to the standard sat nav stuck to your screen type thing - tom tom etc, and whilst they are easier to glance at, I found that the screen would get a lot of reflection from the sun/dash. I haven't had (from memory) any issues with reflections/sun too bright etc with the TR sat nav. Plus it can tilt if you want. I am also the worst person for directions so I use it all the time! My partner also finds that it is useful being relatively close to her because she is shorter than me.

Also we have only just worked out that the steering wheel can move up and down as well as in and out. I was told by the Toyota salesman that the steeling wheel only move up and down!

I have done around 25k miles over the past 10 months and loving every minute of it! So go for it!

Hi, I'm looking seriously at getting a new avensis TR and the only thing stopping me is the position of the sat nav.

I'm used to a Peugeot 407 where the sat nav is fairly close to the line of sight so the Avensis seems strange to me for two reasons firstly you need to look down to see it and secondly it seems my left arm covers the turn display bit of the screen on the right. A 30 minute test drive didn't allay my fears but I accept this isn't an awfully long time having driven the Peugeot for 4 years.

I'd be grateful for some opinions as to whether this is a problem as it's really the only thing stopping me buying? Thanks

I never look at the screen, I only listen to the voice. That works fine 99% of the time, so when I do have to look at the screen it doesn't really bother me.

Guido.

We thought it was going to be a problem when we got ours, but to be honest the audio description given is more than I have ever heard from a sat nav and it does help you not to have to look down, also have use to taking a quick glance down now if needed and if you put the screen on full tilt it really can be the quickest of glances. I just wish ours did full postcodes, it would be the ultimate satnav then :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links