Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis D4d Low Mpg

shahruka

hi does any one no why my avensis was avrg 48 to 50 mpg and since i had 2 injecters replaced and the ecu ,im only getting a average of 36 mpg thats combined 50 /50 driving . its showing that from 60 liters im geting around 350 miles if im lucky . ive made a few expensive vists to toyota but they say the car is sound . ??? . IM REALY THINKING ABOUT GETING RID OF IT . AS I DO 40K MILES A YEAR and diesel at £1.32 a litre cost me £76.00 to fill up . ANY ONE GOT ANY GOOD ADVICE FOR ME helpppp :unsure:

That is interesting. My Avensis (03) use to give 330M on 60L but now only does 300M.

I guess in my case I am in need of a new clutch soon (currently slipping)

However one thing we have in common is that I also had the ECU changed and noticed performance/economy drop since.

Perhaps its worth taking the car for to an Independent Tuneup Garage and have the car tuned for best performance.

Do let me know how it goes and perhaps I can follow your lead.

That is interesting. My Avensis (03) use to give 330M on 60L but now only does 300M.

I guess in my case I am in need of a new clutch soon (currently slipping)

However one thing we have in common is that I also had the ECU changed and noticed performance/economy drop since.

Perhaps its worth taking the car for to an Independent Tuneup Garage and have the car tuned for best performance.

Do let me know how it goes and perhaps I can follow your lead.

i thought about that but these independent garages dont have the same computers as toyota do they ? ? ,I USED TO GET 480 MILES FROM A FULL TANK .now its droping to 320 to 360 . is urs a petrol one if ur getting 300miles u should get it seen to . . . or go easy on ur right foot . . .

hi i too only average about 38 mpg.. 42 if i drive like im 102 years old.. and i had 4 injectors replaced on my anensis, or so iv been told anyway.. cant really check these things.. i think its the norm. for the avensis..

hi i too only average about 38 mpg.. 42 if i drive like im 102 years old.. and i had 4 injectors replaced on my anensis, or so iv been told anyway.. cant really check these things.. i think its the norm. for the avensis..

I Think once u replace the original injecters the cars under performing economy wise and lagging performance wise . my friends fot a 55 plate d4d and says its averaging 47mpg

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the four injectors and who changed them for you i.e. Toyota or private

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links