Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5w 30

khants

hi guys.

i new member i live in hungary. say every budy HI. :D i want to ask about the oil i have new enging and just only 2000 km in. toyota change the oil 5w 30. but i would like to put Mobil 5w 40.

it is good 5w 30 or i should change for 5w 40?

I have 5w30 fully synthetic in my car, some people say 5w40, some say 0w40. Toyota say 5w30, be safe enough with any good quality one of the 3.

Why was the engine replaced by the way?

hi guys.

i new member i live in hungary. say every budy HI. :D i want to ask about the oil i have new enging and just only 2000 km in. toyota change the oil 5w 30. but i would like to put mobil 5w 40.

it is good 5w 30 or i should change for 5w 40?

hi there.

yes the engine was replaced.i bought the car 3 month ago it was olny 9000 km in.after i put 0w 40 then was the problem was coming.my engine if is cold the no noise but when it worm the its coming strange noice the open the engine and it was every thing was fine inside then they said change the block all all parts.know i have in my engine 2000 km its fine

thanks

I have 5w30 fully synthetic in my car, some people say 5w40, some say 0w40. Toyota say 5w30, be safe enough with any good quality one of the 3.

Why was the engine replaced by the way?

i'm using Mobil one 10w-30 without problems and i change oil every 5,000 kms

is no one using 10-w40????

i using 5w 30 Mobil 1. they said is good for TS.0w 40 its to thin for engine.so i will use this oil 5w 30 till 5000 km then i will change.

thanks guys

5W-30 fully synthetic here

Hi guys I've got whatever mr T supplies as the upgrade on its 40K sevice I pressume it's synthetic but what grade? I don't know

0W40 is not too thin for your Engine. The 0W (W for Winter) refers to the viscosity of the Oil when cold. The thinner the Oil on initial start-up, the quicker it will circulate and protect. The second figure refers to the viscosity or thickness at normal running temperature and a 30 or 40 will be fine. I'd recommend either a 0W40 or 5W40 fully synthetic for maximum protection.

i using 5w 30 Mobil 1. they said is good for TS.0w 40 its to thin for engine.so i will use this oil 5w 30 till 5000 km then i will change.

thanks guys

hi there.

i was in service the guy who make my engine he also have TS.he make my ts engine very good.he said 0w 40 its 2.5 or moor performance engines use like Subaru BMW and EVo like this cars.Toyota have different parts of engine.its ok for vild but latter engine have a problem that's why Toyota use 5w 30 or max 5w 40.0w 40 they never use

On the subject of oil, seen this on Opie Oil website Opie Oil

Does anyone use it? It's only £20 and I'm a cheapskate! :lol:

Just bought some oil from Opie today for my gearbox. They are a sponsored link on these forums. You can post in the recommendations thread in there and ask what the best oil for the car.

we just talking about the oil what is good for our CTS long life engine :unsure: .0w 40 or 5w 30 or 5w 40? Mobil 1.

this very imprtant for our CTS its no matter how much is cost u just ones in 6 month or year may be u change the oil 40 or 60 pound its nothing :thumbsup:

we just talking about the oil what is good for our CTS long life engine :unsure: .0w 40 or 5w 30 or 5w 40? Mobil 1.

this very imprtant for our CTS its no matter how much is cost u just ones in 6 month or year may be u change the oil 40 or 60 pound its nothing :thumbsup:

i've used 0w-40 full synthetic in all my cars. the 2zz-ge has been on ow40 for 23k now and been changed every 3-4k (miles by the way!) and i have had no probs - doesnt use a drop. me 7a-fe likes the stuff as well - hasnt used a drop in over 25k. i use valvoline as its very good and a good price - i used to use mobil1 but havent noticed any difference apart from my wallet not being emptied buying the stuff!

i had problem with the 0w 40 the engine.thets why i change the block after 12000 km in toyota

• 1 month later...

What gearbox oil did you go for? I am thinking of changing my oil also but it will have to be a GL4 spec. GL5 i heard has sulphur additives that may corrode your Gbox components.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links