Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consumption

swilliams100

I have driven an Avensis T3S seq 1.8 from new for the last 5 yrs and 80,000 miles and loved it. When I filled up the display showed 470 miles and the car regularly returned average s of late 40s and even early 50s mpg!!! I have just taken delivery of a second-hand T3X seq 1.8 (which has only done 20k miles) and I am alarmed by what I am seeing.

Does anyone know, please, if they've changed the size of the petrol tank because full it only shows 400 miles and, to date, it has only returned averages of mid 30s mpg even on decent runs. In these days of horrific petrol prices am starting to wonder if I have made a terrible mistake?

Comments would be greatly appreciated.

My T3-S always returns something in the region of 40-44 mpg when on long motorway journeys and 34-38 mpg when motoring around town (according to the display anyway) and I'm happy with that. I can't answer your query re the T3-X fuel tank size but I would think it unlikely that there was a difference between the two models. I would suggest that you refer this to Parts-King - I'm sure he would have the difinitive answer.

TeyaDog

My T3-S always returns something in the region of 40-44 mpg when on long motorway journeys and 34-38 mpg when motoring around town (according to the display anyway) and I'm happy with that. I can't answer your query re the T3-X fuel tank size but I would think it unlikely that there was a difference between the two models. I would suggest that you refer this to Parts-King - I'm sure he would have the difinitive answer.

TeyaDog

Thank you TD for your comments - looks like my oldie T3S really was a golden oldie then! Never been a member of any forum before today so don't know how to refer anything to anyone - it was a struggle just to get this far!!!!!! Must get a 9 yr old to help me with new technology!!! Thanks again. xx

Just a suggestion. Have you ever gone into your settings page after renewing tyres & carried out reset, maybe not the case this time but try in the future. Can have dramatic effect on MPG?

TeyaDog

Thank you TD for your comments - looks like my oldie T3S really was a golden oldie then! Never been a member of any forum before today so don't know how to refer anything to anyone - it was a struggle just to get this far!!!!!! Must get a 9 yr old to help me with new technology!!! Thanks again. xx

Log on to the forum tomorrow and before joining the Avensis page scroll down and look for the members who are currently online. I'm 99.9% sure that you will find that Parts-King will be listed. Click on his profile and then on 'send message' and throw your question to him. He is a Toyota employee (parts manager I think) and a regular contributor. He will know an answer to your question or, if he doesn't, he will know a man who will. Good luck.

TeyaDog

TeyaDog

Log on to the forum tomorrow and before joining the Avensis page scroll down and look for the members who are currently online. I'm 99.9% sure that you will find that Parts-King will be listed. Click on his profile and then on 'send message' and throw your question to him. He is a Toyota employee (parts manager I think) and a regular contributor. He will know an answer to your question or, if he doesn't, he will know a man who will. Good luck.

TeyaDog

Many thanks for the suggestion. Will do as you suggest. xx

TeyaDog

TeyaDog

Thanks! Never have because not sure I know how to reset my settings page! Sorry to be so dim - not my usual style but new technology and I are not good bed-fellows!!!! xx

Just a suggestion. Have you ever gone into your settings page after renewing tyres & carried out reset, maybe not the case this time but try in the future. Can have dramatic effect on MPG?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links