Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Rh Drive Headlights - 2006 Avensis D-4d

Dave2609

I have just recently moved to France from UK. I plan to keep my 2006 Avensis. To obtain French insurance it needs to be registered in France and to this it needs to have RH Drive headlights.

Has anyone experience of this ? How do I check out the part numbers I require, any idea of costs and whether or not this is a traightforward job I could do at home. (From scanning the forum I already know it is necessary to remove the front bumper).

Looking on eBay (if I can identify the right parts) it looks like I could pick up a couple of used lamp fittings for around 150Euro.

Any advice woul dbe most appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Hi which Headlights do you need? If you're after the ones to use in france they're the ones fitted to LHD vehicles not RHD. I spend a lot of my time working in Germany and so fit LHD headlights to make it easier. The bumper does need to come off, toyota in Germany charge between 70 and 90 euros to fit them. I have just traded in my 2006 T3-s for a new T180 and still have the european headlights for the old one if your interested. Let me know and we can come to some sort of agreement.

Hi.

We moved to Belgium 2yrs ago with a RHD '98 1.8 Hatch. In order to insure it we had to re-register the car in Belgium, and therefore had to change the headlamps.

I spent hours looking on the internet for a good deal on just the parts, incl eBay, but finally decided to check with a Belgian Toyota dealer. They quoted just 240€, equivalent to just £165 at the time. We decided as we couldn't find the units much cheaper, it wasn't worth the hassle doing it ourselves.

They supplied & fitted the 2 new LHD units including alignment (to be considered if a "contrôle technique" is required for registration), and gave us back the RHD ones. So I would recommend to at least consider getting a dealer quote.

Good-luck.

Saintsman.

Hi.

We moved to Belgium 2yrs ago with a RHD '98 1.8 Hatch. In order to insure it we had to re-register the car in Belgium, and therefore had to change the headlamps.

I spent hours looking on the internet for a good deal on just the parts, incl eBay, but finally decided to check with a Belgian Toyota dealer. They quoted just 240€, equivalent to just £165 at the time. We decided as we couldn't find the units much cheaper, it wasn't worth the hassle doing it ourselves.

They supplied & fitted the 2 new LHD units including alignment (to be considered if a "contrôle technique" is required for registration), and gave us back the RHD ones. So I would recommend to at least consider getting a dealer quote.

Good-luck.

Saintsman.

Many thanks for the advice.

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links