Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Broken Thingy

Mik_D

Howdy folks

I was putting my cylinder head back on the supy and trying to remember where all the pipes and wires went and I noticed a broken thingy. I have taken a picture of it. I have checked in the manual and it looks like the VSV from the EGR system as shown on page FI-116 (http://www.supras.org.nz/techinfo/). However there are two of these thingy whatsits and the broken one has the little filter broken off. It also has its wires sheared at the connector. The colour of the two wires are black/red and pink, I think they are original. The question(s) is this. Is it a necessary item? And if so, where do I get a new one? How come I have two of these things? They have same connector types and I haven't a clue as to where they go (placement and tubing wise). At the start of the strip down I labelled all connectors to ensure I got them connected again. These bits however seem to have come appart on their own accord during the process. Or I have a real squirrel problem under the bonnet. This hiccup is stopping me from getting all the rest of the bits on the inlet side back together.

Any advice would be very much welcomed.

Regards as always

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

what engine we talking about here, as you got the head off i assume its a 7M? lol

• 1 month later...

Sorry

The engine is 7M GTE (3 litre single turbo) mk 111

I have recently taken delivery of a Mercedes C220 and been trying to sort the foibles out on that so still haven't done anything with the supey.

Regards

Michael

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links