Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Castrol Magnatec - Any Good?

funkyg

I was wandering round Tesco last night and noticed that they are doing buy one get one free on Castrol Magnatec oil. Normally £14.95 for 2 litres, now £14.95 for 4. Bargain!

Anyone have any opinions on Magnatec?

Marketing excercise.You will pay a huge markup for castrols sponsorship of motorsport and F1.Better off finding a good quality non branded oil.

Marketing exercise or not, that is a very good offer price for a quality branded oil (5W-30 A1 Castrol Magnetec)

I picked up my 4 litres a couple of weeks ago :thumbsup: and may just get some more if the offer is still on.

Castrol Magnatec is a top quality oil like most lubricants made by Castrol. Don't know about marketing angle, of more importance has anybody noticed how it is allmost impossible to by a 5 litre canister of oil now no matter what the make, nearly all sold in 4 ltr cannisters. Most cars holding around 4.5ltrs of oil. D4D holding 6.5ltrs ? Or have I got it wrong ?

Yeah I use it all the time. Great stuff & my car loves it.

always use it, 1 of the best oils on the market that the public can buy anyway, campared to other oils its far more advanced B)

Thanks guys, exactly what I wanted to hear.

Bought 8 litres this morning for £30. I know what you mean about the 4 litre bottles though. Mine takes 4.3, hance having to buy 8 instead of just 4.

I think the oil and car makers are in cahoots!

Ah well, it was a good price and I'll have plenty for topups now!

• 4 weeks later...
I was wandering round Tesco last night and noticed that they are doing buy one get one free on Castrol Magnatec oil. Normally £14.95 for 2 litres, now £14.95 for 4. Bargain!

Anyone have any opinions on Magnatec?

Its just a pimped up mineral oil which is OK in everyay cars but not something I would personally use as a performance oil or if I was doing a high-mileage.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links