Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Conversion.

frankie_TS

I don't know if anybody has got any experience of brake conversions on the yaris and can advise me.

My friend has recently fitted a big brake kit to his supra so has his originals kicking about the garage.

Would it be possible to modify these to fit the yaris for a reasonable cost ?

Thought it cuold be a nice cost effective mod.

Cheers

and overbraked!!!, where brakes are concerned there is such a thing as too big.

the yaris weighs in at under 1000kg and the sup is about 1800kg. they could possiby be made to fit but would possibly make the car unstable under heavy breaking.

i have 335X32mm discs with 6 pot callipers on the rolla and if you stamp on the brakes the back end lifts and tries to overtake the front, a change to the ST-205 setup is on the cards

Its not really an issue if theyre not suitable, Just thought itd be an idea if theyre going to go to waste in my friends garage.

My brakes could do with some attention because they seem to fade really easily and i was thinking down the route of grooved discs and fast road pads until i thought the supra brakes would be a reasonably priced modification.

It makes sense what you say about having too much stopping force, i best leave that idea.

Frankie,

have you thought about getting braided hoses?

Thats all i changed on my brake set up, i still run the standard discs & pads

along with Goodridge braided hoses and Castrol SRF brake fluid.

Ask dawesy as he nearly went through my screen at the bubble meet when mark hit the brakes :eek::lol:

Can honestly say its one of the best mods i have done to the car.

I bought new fluid today ready to do a change. It seems to be that everybody speaks highly of braided lines. I think i will buy some before next weekend.

@Kimi : I eventually got my supercharger issue sorted, It wasn't the clutch. The TTE guys came over to silverstone from germany to check it out and there was a fault in my ECU mapping. It was a quick laptop job and its running spot on now. Its brilliant. :)

frankie

glad you got it sorted, i told you something must have been wrong the way it was.

TTE are a great company to deal with :thumbsup:

customer service is top notch.

And you wont be dissapointed with the braided lines,well worth the money :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links