Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Con-fused

local hero

Had to replace a fuse (dont ask)..knew there were 2 fuse boxes under the hood (American for bonnet) but didn't know theres one under the glove-box, you have to remove a bit of plastic trim to expose fuse box, then you lie on your back with a torch and a pair of pointy pliers, and once you have dicovered which fuse you have blown its quite simple :unsure: Anyway spare fuses are located under the (hood)in the O/S big black box, but i needed a 7.5amp and had to settle for a 10amp, so used that temporarily, Still awake? cos i am going to liven things up with a picture. no its not Maria Sharipova :drool::drool: its 3 fuses

010-1.jpg

now middle fuse is MR T original, notice its shorter, other 2 are after market fuses, so i went to RRG stockport to buy a fuse, and a sales person who had obviously not had a good day informed me they don,t sell fuses, when i asked him what i should do he said he could do me a box of 10? when i pulled a face he said he would see if a (techie) might have an odd one, 5 mins later he returned with said fuse, for, wait for it £3.54 + vat and it was one of the longer fuses you can buy any where!!! So i did for 20pence :thumbsup::thumbsup:

incidently if you use one of the longer fuses under the glovebox you can't get the cover back on the fuse box, so i swapped it for one of the shorter type from under the (hood) Where it doesn't matter :yawn:

Dear National Hero.

The body of the fuse contains the bit that melts at the defined ampage.

The contacts/legs/prongs/or whatever you want to call them can be ground down to a shape that suits with a low speed handheld grinder.

I use RS Components for much of my electronics supplies or Demon Tweeks if I can't find the things locally.

However, knowing that you may be a driver of taxis, I would have guessed that you smoke cigarettes furiously, and that silver paper is amassing in the cab at a great rate.

And I know I don't need to remind you that in the good old days, silver paper was a great substitute for burst fuses. So whats gone wrong?

Early Alzeimhers?

Stopped smoking?

Just ask one of yer customers!

Here's something to look forward to - and Simon might smile as well ------------ when will RCDs be fitted to vehicles??? Or even the basic MCBs? And how long will the EEC take to add in the ground/earth requirements to cars (Fujisan will answer this one).....will we have a tram style connector to give a proper earth????

Oh, and by the way Jimmy, yes, I've been there and done that - lying upside down under the dashboard trying to squint at which actual fuse is what, and then trying to get the new one in.

Basics - if it comes down to that, torch the thing and claim insurance - its cheaper than renewing the fuse!!¬

And I know I don't need to remind you that in the good old days, silver paper was a great substitute for burst fuses. So whats gone wrong?

Early Alzeimhers?

Stopped smoking?

possibly alzheimers,but i just can't remember..

I smoke a pipe (no silver paper) Didn't you used to get a little pair of plastic tongs for pulling out fuses on some cars? Lets face it car fuses don,t blow very often unless you touch a live wire agin a body part like i did :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links