Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 Poor Acceleration

SHAMENMBC

Under choke my avensis goes really well but as soon as it comes off the car has no power at all its the 2004 d4 2000 vvt engine any ideas

Under choke my avensis goes really well but as soon as it comes off the car has no power at all its the 2004 d4 2000 vvt engine any ideas

hello

what did you mean as CHOKE ??

normally initial RPMs are governed by a temp sensor feedback that in fact increases RPM to warm up.

Please send more feelings/obserations.

thanks

hello

normally initial RPMs are governed by a temp sensor feedback that in fact increases RPM to warm up.

thanks

Om well first thing i notice is i start the car and it revs to just over 1000 i put my foot down and wow it takes of like a rocket then i pull up to a set of lights about 5 minutes away from my house and the revs are just over 800 and still i have plenty of power next set of lights 20 minutes away the revs are at 650 now when i put my foot down it seems no matter how far i push the accelerator there is no speed increase 'till the point of the kick down operating now i hear it maybe injectors and something called an EGR ,,,thing but toyota want £1500 and they say this SHOULD sort the problem ????

Can you guys help

hello

thanks

Om well first thing i notice is i start the car and it revs to just over 1000 i put my foot down and wow it takes of like a rocket then i pull up to a set of lights about 5 minutes away from my house and the revs are just over 800 and still i have plenty of power next set of lights 20 minutes away the revs are at 650 now when i put my foot down it seems no matter how far i push the accelerator there is no speed increase 'till the point of the kick down operating now i hear it maybe injectors and something called an EGR ,,,thing but toyota want £1500 and they say this SHOULD sort the problem ????

Can you guys help

hi

let's start from that normal RPM are 1700-1900 when cold started but 750 rpm when an idle working. You see that yr RPM are less in both cases. Start to clean all injectors first. Then start again and test it under load. When you'll be sure all is in order with injectors then you'll focus on another possible problem with booster pump in fuel tank (???) -- but i am still in doubts becuase Mr T told you an opposite.

CHeck step by step.

Good luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links