Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeaky Noise Coming From Bottom Left Of Rear Door (opp Hinges) !

Zincubus

We have an annoyingly queaky noise most noticeable on poor roads - coming from bottom left of rear door - under the handle - opposite the hinges !!

Any ideas peeps ?

I have done a SEARCH but there is not enough time in the day to read through hundreds of mainly irrelevant posts.

Thanks in advance !!

Could be the rubber seal has moved or a rubber stop gone missing, just a quick thought!

That's possible after 8 years wear and tear although how will I tell ??

Are we talking about the back load space door or the rear passenger door?

The BACK door - ours is only a 3 door .

I sat in the back whilst the wife ws driving and I could clearly hear a the bottom corner opposite the hinges was squeaking .

Get hold of the back door and pull it in and out to see if you can replicate the noise. Inside the door on the frame is a "V" shaped reception plate that is meant to lift the door into alignment with the lock. Just smeer some grease on it to start with and if that fixes it, mark around it with a pencil and slacken the bolts so that you can move it outwards. Move it just far enough to take all but a small amount of the back and forth play that you tested for by pulling.

'Found a diagram to illustrate!;

doorkeep.jpg

QuickFix ...... I put Vaseline on anywhere that looked as though it could have been rubbing and guess what ?

Fixed !!

Thanks

Fixed by putting vaseline on the catches of the rear door !

Another good use for Vaseline!

Well done!

Well done!

Come on Anchorman name some more...excluding flossie :unsure::rolleyes::lol: :lol:

Well done!

Come on Anchorman name some more...excluding flossie :unsure::rolleyes::lol: :lol:

When younger i used vaseline to enhance my sex life, smeared it on the bedroom door knob, stopped the kids from coming in.. :thumbsup:

When younger i used vaseline to enhance my sex life, smeared it on the bedroom door knob, stopped the kids from coming in.. :thumbsup:

You could have great fun with that sentence "cut and pasteing"......but this is a family forum! ;) :lol:

Applying vaseline prevents JOGGER's NIPPLE !!

Seriously folks !!

It makes nose picking safer too......

Are you telling me that none of you use it for lubricating/corrosion limiting screws?

A little bit on the tip of a wood screw before screwing works wonders and helps ease it in. :yes:

Or, do you all just ram them in with your 'lecky screwdrivers these days? :unsure:

Our jar very often has an old wood screw left in it by accident.

(titter ye not misses).

Or, do you all just ram them in with your 'lecky screwdrivers these days? :unsure:

(titter ye not misses).

Only use the 'lecky

a] when I remember it........usually when I've nearly finished :lol::lol:

b] for really big jobs.......came in really handle when I boarded out the loft last summer :thumbsup: The Gas Man says he would like a nice bit of carpet up there before next years inspection! :ffs: :censor:

Now ......can I have a little titter! :lol::lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links