Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav-4

voo

I am looking for a 1998 onwards RAV-4. The ones I've enquired about don't have alloy wheels. Is this normal for this age please?

Hi Voo, the entry-level RAV4s often had Steel Wheels, so what you are seeing is not that unusual.

If you can be more specific about the type of RAV4 you are after, would be handy. the RAV4 had a significant design change around 2000, so when you say 1998 onwards, you could be crossing over from the first generation to the 2nd generation and the specs will vary a fair bit.

Hello Hoovie thanks for the reply. The type of RAV-4 I'm looking for is a GX, 3 door, petrol model with ABS brakes (which is the reason I'm after a 1998 upwards model). I've never owned a RAV-4 and it's the only one of this type I like the look of.

Right - so that RAV is referred to generally in the forum as the RAV4.2 (RAV4 2nd Generation) - made from around 2000 - 2006.

The GX was in the 2000-2003 RAV era - you can recognise externally those by the square fog lights in the bumper - Models went sort of GX/VX type of specs (don't know them all :))

There was a facelift model from 2003-2006 that you can recognise those externally by round fog lights in the bumper - these models had spec names like XT2/XT3/XT4/XT5 etc.

Both types were around as 3 doors as well as 5 Doors. the earlier 2000-2003 tended to be two-tone paintwork and interior which many people like and prefer - you may do to?

Also - you mentioned you want ABS brakes - if safety features are a concern to you, then you may want to look at the 2003-2006 RAV4.2 in more detail? IIRC, it was that model that introduced side curtain and seat airbags to the range, whereas the 2000-2003 RAV4.2 only had the driver and passenger front airbags I think.

Although I have the 5 Door RAV4.2, I like the look of the 3 Door best also :) , but personally would check out the facelifted RAV4.2 against the original RAV4.2 and compare the two to see if the extra spec would be something you would like.

Happy Hunting :D

Uhmmm

the GX was available from 1994.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links