Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4afe Overheating-water Pump Perfect,head Good,new Head Gasket,thermost

2rueno

hae all i really need help!!! i have a 1993 toyota trueno sprinter/levin with a 4-afe in it. Its done 237 ks and is a gr8 car...apart from the fact it overheats!!! i had the head taken off and planed, new headgasket, new headbolts etc put all back 2geather couple of days ago n it still isnt right. Zero oil in water, no leaks etc the head has no cracks. so checked the thermostat and tried it with no thermostat and yup u guessed it it over heated!!! i then pulled the water pump off thinking this gota be the problem right??...WRONG!!! stainless steel impellor and in perfect condition. before i put it back in a flushed the radiator out with a hose and put water through the block. The put water pump back in,got a new thermostat, ran the car and got as much air out as possible,no bubbles or foam of any kind in radiator and tried it but still it over heats after 30 ks of driving. The top hose gets hot, but the bottom hose stays mildly warm. Mi father who worked as a mechanic 4 30 years said water isnt circulating round properly as the water in the block is boiling when the thermostat reads normal and driving it u can hear it forcing water from the radiator into the overflow bottle.. And its even got him stumped, after getting the head planned,no crack or leaks, new thermostat,water pump perfect,and all put back 2geather it will still over heat after 30ks of normal driving. So please wats wrong with my car???? any help would be truely appreciated!! ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links