Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Notice Need 2 Front Tyres

lift addict

Just notice my front tyres are ver low tred. Pay day tomorow so will have to fork out. anyone recommend any cheap but gud tyres if there is such a thing. I have standard T Sport alloys. also any rough prices for front 2 ??

thanks

All I will say is your tyres are what gets your power on the road and what keep you on it! Buying cheap tyres is not always the best thing to do for the sake of a few extra quid. I recently bought 2 new Toyo Proxes T1R's from Black Circles and it came to £150 fully fitted, balanced and valved - which I think is very good.

I can't fault T1Rs!

I have them on my 18's and they grip superbly! and don't break the bank either.

A month back i needed 2 new fronts cos my tsport wasnt passin its MOT otherwise.

Got 2 Michelins from Costco for jst under £200 i think.

If your keeping them as they were 2 Bridgestone Turanza ER30's will set you back about £95 quid EACH!!!! i thought Toyota were taking the P*ss when they quoted this however that was about the cheepest price i could find anywhere.

I got all 4 of my tyres replaced this morning. I opted for 205/50/16 Falken ZE912's at £65 each. Having moved from the Standard Bridgestones 195/55/16 I can say that these tyres are much better with better road holding especially in wet conditions. Having been able to test these tyres during the torrential downfall in the North East this afternoon I can see that not once did they loose grip in the heavy rain and huge amount of surface water. This was evident in that not once did my CTS's traction control light come on during my driving.

I would see these are on par with the Toyo T1-R's for performance. Will report more once the tyres are more worn in.

http://www.bridgestone.co.uk/bfe/v/index.j...00000000377RCRD

i swear by them - wont use anything else. i've just had a pair delivered unfitted for £171, me mate's apprentice fitted and balanced them for a tenner so £181 all in. last time i got a pair it cost me £210 fully fitted. big advantage with these are the stiff sidewall and the fact they grip right down to the wear limiter - wouldnt try that on the back tho. i get 20k out of a front pair and thats trc off a fair bit so they are worth the extra lil bit for the extra life and the levels of grip. you get real good launches too - drop the clutch at 4000rpm and it just goes - no drama or spinning. the toyo's are a grippy tyre but dont last as long so arent really in the same league. you get what you pay for! if your feeling flush you could try them new michelins at £145 a corner.

i ditched toyos a couple of years ago for Pirelli P nero Zeros , a very good all round tyre at around the same price , nice rounded side wall too for wide wheels/ narrow arches and seemed to last well with spirited driving , look great with the right tyre gel on them also , and if toyota fitted them as std on the compressor they must find them ok

my newest gamble was for yokohama S drive , they are a lot squarer on the side wall with a little bit of rim saver , i imagine them harder but quieter than the P neros , but quite a bit more expensive , time will tell how well the wear but i rate them highly also , dont think tyre gels last as well on them tho than the Pirelli

stephen

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links