Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gurgling On Startup And Revving On 04 Celica T-sport

AHCelica

When I start my car and when I rev the engine shortly after starting the car I am getting what can only be described as a gurgling sound coming from behind the dash, possibly the air vents. It seems to be more prevalent when on a bank where the front of the car is raised, my drive is on a slope.

Has anyone experienced this before on a 7th gen Celica? Some previous updates on this site (2006) referred to this problem on a gen 4, could this be the same problem?

I'd like to see if anyone knows what this problem is before I take it to the Toyota garage as I cant help but feel that my local Toyota garage will take any opportunity they can to empty my wallet.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

When I start my car and when I rev the engine shortly after starting the car I am getting what can only be described as a gurgling sound coming from behind the dash, possibly the air vents. It seems to be more prevalent when on a bank where the front of the car is raised, my drive is on a slope.

Has anyone experienced this before on a 7th gen Celica? Some previous updates on this site (2006) referred to this problem on a gen 4, could this be the same problem?

I'd like to see if anyone knows what this problem is before I take it to the Toyota garage as I cant help but feel that my local Toyota garage will take any opportunity they can to empty my wallet.

does it gurgle intermittently while idling? or does it happen after you rev and the RPMs are falling?

does it gurgle intermittently while idling? or does it happen after you rev and the RPMs are falling?

After I rev and the revs are falling.

sorry don't think I can help, I'm not sure what that could be. in my experience though, every funny sound that my car has made has been traced back to exhaust issues. maybe check that the manifold is buttoned down good and tight?

your heater matrix is air locked, Take it too your toyota dealer it should take them an hour at the most to pressure fill the matrix, Done loads of toyotas with this fault, it usually occurs after a coolant change. Hope this helps you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links