Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Estima 3c-te Engine Seized

jane1975

Hi All,

i have a toyota estima but drove it up from south italy to holland got ferry to newcastle , then up to inverness , next day went to go out in the car stated ok oil light was on and stared amking noises so went along road about 1/4 mile and turn back stoped the car at house then tried to start it again a puff of smoke from oil filler and would not start .

thought we got lucky and found an engine in glasgw but got it up the road and it is not the same , difference in year mine is l reg it came from k (so i was told) .

Anyone know of anyone selling japanese parts in scotland , dont realy want to travel to far .

thanks in advance ,

jane

Hi All,

i have a toyota estima but drove it up from south italy to holland got ferry to newcastle , then up to inverness , next day went to go out in the car stated ok oil light was on and stared amking noises so went along road about 1/4 mile and turn back stoped the car at house then tried to start it again a puff of smoke from oil filler and would not start .

thought we got lucky and found an engine in glasgw but got it up the road and it is not the same , difference in year mine is m reg it came from k (so i was told) .

Anyone know of anyone selling japanese parts in scotland , dont realy want to travel to far .

thanks in advance ,

jane

The E relates to electronically controlled fuel pump whilst the earlier models had a mechanical one.

These cars give all sorts of problems and I wish there was some great big sounding board I could use to stop people buying them but unfortunately there isn't. I am afraid you will have to scour the Internet.

You could try these guys, they have a good name and give a warranty with their engines and may even deliver, I am not sure though,#

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-ESTIMA-LUCIDA...1742.m153.l1262

What you need to understand is that all these cars and engines are old. They were not a good design to start with (here I am talking about the mating of the diesel engine to the body) and therefore are fraught with issues not least of which is cracked cylinder heads although you seem to have topped this. Sounds like you either ran it low on oil, the oil pump failed or it could be your cam belt has stripped/snapped.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links