Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Maximum Miles Per Tank Of Fuel

Panners

Just managed 409.5miles from filling until low level light came on. Driving was an even mix of decent distance motorway and daily trips to work.

Admittedly I had to drive like a vicar and my grandmother combined, but it gave me 100 more miles from the same amount of fuel.

Be interested to hear what others are returning?

Cheers.

i got a tad under 400 miles on the last tank. lots of motorway miles to get that though. normally get 250-300.

This has been cover so many times :lol:

I'm currently getting about 300-350miles from a full tank, think someone gauged my mpg to be about 28mpg

I know alot will think that's rubbish, but mainly local driving around town, perhaps out of town at weekends

But if you look on the plus side, if you can call it that, it last me about 2weeks

Bing

:thumbsup:

My trip computer says I averaged 49.9mpg over 50ish miles on the M11 to M25

Was doing 50mph slipstreaming lorries.

Normally I average about 33mpg

Wow, you must have a lot of patience driving 50 miles on an M road doing 50mph. :lol:

Do you always drive that slow on motorways, or was it just an experiment to see how many miles per gallon you could get?

I get about 280 - 320 miles a tank varys as my driving does started to take it easy abit now though so im averaging about 32mpg

Wow, you must have a lot of patience driving 50 miles on an M road doing 50mph. :lol:

Do you always drive that slow on motorways, or was it just an experiment to see how many miles per gallon you could get?

Was more of an experiment, who needs a diesel these days??!!

Averaged 380 miles to the last tank, may have got 400 if i had of babied it a bit more, that was just normal driving..occasional lift.

Think thats around 34-35mpg

normally light comes on bout 240-250ish managed to strech it to bout 280 the other week

i would like to try drivin like miss daisy to see wot i could max out of a tank but it's neva gonna happen i luv the sound of supercharger an hittin lift too much ha ha

yeah i test drove T180 the other week an on my little outing i averaged 23mpg, ***** for diesel!!!!!!

prob get same in my compressor yet 10 times more fun to drive

what? thats mad!!

think my record is 324 miles to a tank, mind you i could see it doing alot more on the motorway, its very good a cruising, was two up with luggage heading to newquay a few months back sitting at about 85-90mph was getting high forties low fifties on the read out :thumbsup:

but once on the a roads forget it, cant help but put ma foot down a little lol B)

what? thats mad!!

think my record is 324 miles to a tank, mind you i could see it doing alot more on the motorway, its very good a cruising, was two up with luggage heading to newquay a few months back sitting at about 85-90mph was getting high forties low fifties on the read out :thumbsup:

but once on the a roads forget it, cant help but put ma foot down a little lol B)

Crikey you lot!!!

I never managed to get more than 310 out of mine with 2-3 litres spare in the tank.

400+??? HOW THE F***?

I use to average 270-290 per tank.

ermmm i get 250mile from ermmmm....£18...

:thumbsup:

420 is my best ever

i usually get 360-380. If I cane it, which i do regularly i get 320.

How the heck do you guys get so many miles out of a tank im chuffed to bits if i get 200 haha. serious though ive driven like a saint and everything i think i only got 250 then. i think the problem lies with the 4 miles of twisty deserted country lanes on the way back to my house from work.

big thing for me is my car is parked in a garage overnight, so in winter it doesn't drink copious quantities of fuel at startup. Also I use Mobil 1 0w40, so engine temperature comes up much faster than boggo oil. Also Mobil is lower friction anyway.

errm. make sure your handbrake isn't binding or brakes aren't binding. When my car went in for a service, the tech tightened up the handbrake cable, this caused the brake shoes to bind ever so slightly for about 50 miles. Also keep your air filter clean.

big thing for me is my car is parked in a garage overnight, so in winter it doesn't drink copious quantities of fuel at startup. Also I use Mobil 1 0w40, so engine temperature comes up much faster than boggo oil. Also mobil is lower friction anyway.

errm. make sure your handbrake isn't binding or brakes aren't binding. When my car went in for a service, the tech tightened up the handbrake cable, this caused the brake shoes to bind ever so slightly for about 50 miles. Also keep your air filter clean.

Agreed on the Air Filter comment as I managed 40 mpg on a motorway drive, average 60 up to fast lane speeds

and never got close to that before the car was serviced.

On it's last service they said the filter was very dirty and not even a Toyota version, so that along with fresh oil has worked wonders.

I've just done 1263 miles in the last week (On Hols) in the Rolla and it averaged 37 MPG (calculated manually) hammering around Scotland, 37MPG in theory would give almost 450 miles to a tank not that i dared go further than 410 though!

340 is when the light comes on normally, Typhoon has added a definite 20 extra to a full tank, it will have paid for its self in 20,000 miles! :lol:

Here's a thought 37 MPG + 10% (as Diesel is that much more) equals 40.7 MPG, that pretty good for a 200 BHP Car.

I'm off to Cornwal Saturday morning, Leaving about 6ish and it's 290 miles from my door.

I usually get to Southampton (about 245 miles) and have quarter of a tank left. I think I'll take it a bit easier this time to see if I can get to Cornwall on a tank!

......Here's a thought 37 MPG + 10% (as Diesel is that much more) equals 40.7 MPG, that pretty good for a 200 BHP Car.......

wrong........

if you guys are complaining about mpg then lpg it... im getting around 66mpg minimum….

now that’s not bad for a 200bhp car…lol

......Here's a thought 37 MPG + 10% (as Diesel is that much more) equals 40.7 MPG, that pretty good for a 200 BHP Car.......

wrong........

if you guys are complaining about mpg then lpg it... im getting around 66mpg minimum….

How much did it cost you to get it done in the first place?

How much power loss is there? if any....

wrong........

Its not my cup of tea, but its a free world, allegedly............................. :lol:

it set me back £950 (mates rates)... it should pay for itself in 9-10months at 12,000miles pa.

i lose a little (very little!) on performance but the car still feels fast enough and i can always switch back at a touch of a button ;)

will be getting it dyno'ed soon so looking forward to the results... done a track day on lpg and it still pulled nice...

well worth it :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links