Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Zizzing Noise...driving Me Mad

shuffly

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has had this before, its a slight zizz that rises and falls with the engine speed. Oakmere thought it was the water pump and changed it but it's still there!

I've had my head under the bonnet with the tech guys, and I think its on the drive belt somewhere, maybe near the back, but the engine isn't quiet when you're revving it 6 inches from your ear!!

Its a minor issue, but annoying, if anyone's had a similar thing then it would help sort it. Pete at the garage wants it when i've got a couple of hours so he can go mad on it.

Thanks.

Baron von Shufthausen

Does it actually change pitch with revs or speed???

It changes with revs, so its just an engine thing. Maybe around the drive belt.

Thanks for your interest Jan

Could indeed be a drive belt, or the alternator (bearings)...

And if you've got A/C it could be the compressor or the idler pulleys...

Thanks, Jan

It clearly isn'nt a common problem (lucky me!) it would be better if something just fell off! My aircon does make the engine noisier when its on though.

Is that normal? Its done it since new so I thought it normal.

Ian

Could be the power assisted steering. Says in the manual that it might make a noise and does not affect anything.

Mine does it, I quite like it though, adds charachter! I have aircon, but i have tried with and without it on, and it makes it no mater what, just with the a/c on the drone of the compressor disguses it a bit.

More worrying is mine occasionally (twice since it was new in March) it runs unbelievably rough, dies at idle and feels like it is missfiring. Turn it off and leave it for a bit and its all back to normal. I assume its something to do with a sensor not speaking to the ECU properly, but its due for is 1st service soon, so i will mention it when it goes in. Thats what warranties are for in my opinion!

:lol:

Its turned into a slightly rough whirring sound now, so its getting worse! Going in on Tues, lets hope it dosen't blow up before.

The engine should be smooth and sweet, if not take it in Mr Boz

:lol:

Its turned into a slightly rough whirring sound now, so its getting worse! Going in on Tues, lets hope it dosen't blow up before.

The engine should be smooth and sweet, if not take it in Mr Boz

It drives perfect 99.9% of the time, i have had a hire one and it feels similar. I do normally drive the nuts off it though, and both times it has run rough it was the missus driving it rather more sedately so i assume its something ECU related. Anyroad, like i said, the warranty is there for a reason and im not afraid to use it!

I understand from my Toyota tech that the ECUs are learning ones, so they adapt to your driving style, the Aygos hard to drive slowly I think its a bit of a hooligan car!

I understand from my Toyota tech that the ECUs are learning ones, so they adapt to your driving style, the Aygos hard to drive slowly I think its a bit of a hooligan car!

Ah, my old hyundai coupe had a learing ECU, it was worth disconnecting the Battery every few weeks to drain the power from the ECU and then drive it hard for a few miles. It made the throttle responce a bit better. Any idea if the same would happen on the aygos ECU?

Its the aircon compressor so will be fixed on thurs. Thanks for your responses.

offically its not a learning ECU, but the guys think its possible.

Ian

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links