Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speedometer On My Ae92 Gti

gt-four/gt-i 16

Has this happened to anyone?

cruising at 60 mph in my ae92 gti, my speedometer dropped to zero and my mileage counter just stopped.

i believe it could be a speed cable gone?

can anyone shed any light?if so can i get this in a motor factors & approximately how much does one cost?

thanks in advance!

cruising at 60 mph in my ae92 gti, my speedometer dropped to zero and my mileage counter just stopped.

can anyone shed any light?if so can i get this in a motor factors & approximately how much does one cost?

thanks in advance!

Hi,

Could be one of three things, first, check that the speedo drive cable is secured into the gearbox, you'll find it by looking for the cable coming out of the drivers side of the bulkhead and continuing on down to the gearbox, if you like you can remove it from the gearbox and twist the needle at the end of the cable while getting someone inside the car to see if the speedometer is moving, if it is, then your cable is ok, and it'll probably be the speedo sender unit that bolts into the gearbox. If you do need a cable, you'd be better off getting a genuine toyota one from a dealers..

thanks in advance!

Hi,

Could be one of three things, first, check that the speedo drive cable is secured into the gearbox, you'll find it by looking for the cable coming out of the drivers side of the bulkhead and continuing on down to the gearbox, if you like you can remove it from the gearbox and twist the needle at the end of the cable while getting someone inside the car to see if the speedometer is moving, if it is, then your cable is ok, and it'll probably be the speedo sender unit that bolts into the gearbox. If you do need a cable, you'd be better off getting a genuine toyota one from a dealers..

Cheers mate will check dat out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links