Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Better Aygo Seats?

johnan

Due to age (probably) I find the Aygo seats uncomfortable after driving for a couple of hours, and the pictures of the Aygo Crazy, and its seats, made me think maybe there are some better ones about that would solve my problem and not be too hard to fit, or expensive (though new seats tend to be, from past experience).

Does anyone know of "better" seats that are available for the Aygo?

I love the car otherwise!

I have to agree, there seems to be very little lumbar support for my taste, unlike the seats in my '92 Golf GTi, which after 93000 miles are still superb. At the end of the day though, the Aygo is just a cheap city car; ie. You only get what you pay for.

For alternative seats have a look at Demon Tweeks, they have a very good selection if you don't mind going without the side airbags.

Hi johnan

There are options open to yourself regarding seats, the only problem i can see is getting a sub-frame/mounting frame in order to put the seats in place however there is a solution from eBay (and no its not a £30 quick fix from Hong Kong)

OMP Subframe

They cost circa £120 for the pair but then it would allow you to fit aftermarket seats, like for example the ones i would like would be these: -

Recaro Ergomed ES (with Side Airbag)

And the optional extras are arm-rest, Climate system (like Mercedes Airscarf) and Seat heating - i know those seats are expensive (in case you haven't looked already) but you're not limited to just those remember...

Would LOVE to get these but i would also have to get them re-trimmed in Alcantara ideally to match my back seats :-( so looking like a very expensive mod for me...

Thanks for the input folks.

Seems the awkward part is the mounting/subframe required.

I dont fancy drilling holes through the existing chassis to fit these brackets mentioned, to which another subframe holding the actual seat has to be fitted.

Ideally a subframe fitting to the existing seat mountings would be the solution, but apparently not available.

Looks to me like these subframes are car-specific, so they'd mount to the EXISTING holes in the chassis of the car...

Ergomed ES (with side airbag + climate): Leather Black / Dinamica Red £1,925.00

Ergomed ES: Armrest Left - Leather Black £135.00

Carriage within the UK £9.99

Total £2,069.99

:o

Would love to waste my money on these though.

Problem is I have airbags in my seats. So.. I won't change the stupid seats too soon. Thanks PSA!

Problem is I have airbags in my seats. So.. I won't change the stupid seats too soon. Thanks PSA!

Well that's not a problem really as the Ergomed ES seats i listed above there have side airbags in them already - the only hiccup is the price, as is most things in life.. :(

So how does it work then?

(plase excuse dimness)

....I buy the OMP brackets for the C1 or 107 as listed, which should just bolt to the Aygo floor in place of the original seats.

Then I look at say Demon Tweeks and choose a seat that looks suitable (and comfy), and the next bit I am not sure of.....

what subframe would I choose to go between the OMP bracket and the new seat?

In my country that's a problem, because any modification = losing warranty. Or if a cop stops me and checks (and they do, you can never know) = losing the papers = a big fine, reffitting the stock seats, checking them at some office..

Headache i don't need right now :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links