Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Few Questions

S18AHD

I recently bought a 1994 Celica SSII 69k miles for £900(You gotta love eBay!!!)

I want to get some Enkei RP-01's for it and also a nice subtle drop, I am tempted by a new exhaust as well. See I said I wouldn't mod this but I know its gonna happen!

Anyway I have a few questions about it;

The mileage still reads in km as does the speed, when it was imported they have put the fascia on so that it goes up to 120mph. To convert this, is it just a matter of buying a chip and fitting it?

Does anyone have any experience with Eibach or Tein springs? What sort of realistic drop can I expect and how is the handling?

It has a standard cd player and tape player in it and the sound quality is surprisingly good, I do want to change the Speakers though. Could someone tell me what the speaker sizes are?

One last thing, the car has an aftermarket air filter but I have never been a fan of these, are Toyota's the same as Honda's in respect of the fact that some air filters have an adverse effect on power due to warm air being sucked in?

I dont have any pics of the car, but <Here> is a link to the advert for those that are interested :)

Sha

hi mate Speakers It's 20cm in the front and 16.5cm in the back. ive lowered 40mm on spax but ive had tiens in the past and was good but i think there 30 and 35mm drop so i changed to spax handling is good get a rear strut if you lower best mod i did for money gt4 rear fits perfect,if you put a converter on speedo dont forget to change the dial back to 180 one ive left mine in kmh so i always know true milage and very rare you can get higher speeds unless your planning track days,

i use the kn57i with a air scoop from under the car all air filters will suffer from heat if not fitted correctly ive had no probs so far and it definatly freer revving

and a nice sound and thats all i think they are a sound mod , and great choice of motor by the way :thumbsup:

Thanks for the response mate :)

Im gonna get the speedo converted first of all and then buy the springs...i've managed to source the wheels after much looking around. Only in silver though so I think its time to get my spray paint out!

Rear strut you say, where would be the best place to look for something like that? Or do you know how much they are new?

I'm gonna run it with the aftermarket filter for the moment and maybe change back to stock if I feel that it would benefit the performance. Not too bothered about sound as my last few cars had HKS and Buddyclub exhausts and dam they were loud :wacko:

One more thing, is there any major advantage to running the car on a higher RON rating of fuel apart from the cleaning qualities. I presume that the engines are tuned for higher rated fuel?

Sha

Thanks for the response mate :)

Im gonna get the speedo converted first of all and then buy the springs...i've managed to source the wheels after much looking around. Only in silver though so I think its time to get my spray paint out!

Rear strut you say, where would be the best place to look for something like that? Or do you know how much they are new?

I'm gonna run it with the aftermarket filter for the moment and maybe change back to stock if I feel that it would benefit the performance. Not too bothered about sound as my last few cars had HKS and Buddyclub exhausts and dam they were loud :wacko:

One more thing, is there any major advantage to running the car on a higher RON rating of fuel apart from the cleaning qualities. I presume that the engines are tuned for higher rated fuel?

Sha

with it being import is best use the higher ron as its set up timing wise for the higher but it will run ok on normal i use the hks superdragger exhaust and its not too loud just a nice groul but still quiet in the cabin lol

th_DSCF0521.jpg

as for strut brace keep an eye open in forsale section and eBay i dont think toyota still do them :thumbsup:

shop on eBay for a st205 rear strut brace , try to buy the internal boot panels also , otherwise you will need to cut the ones fitted with a saw etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links