Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4d Fuel Pump

Dave English

I'm thinking of buying say a 5 year old Toyota Avensis D4D 2.0.

I've just looked at the service schedule & it says the fuel pump is replaced every 90K miles. (The

timing belt is 60K miles)

So if I see a car with a Toyota service history I can check to see that was done. But does that

mean I have say a £1K extra bill to look forward to at 180K miles?

I take it you mean 03 facelift model. Cambelt is changed at 60,000miles, as for fuel pump I think someone is pulling your leg,no such servive requirement.

Part of the world I live in, to have a 150,000miles on new shape model of that age is not out of place, people hang onto cars a lot longer here. Old shape pre 2003 models would have up to 200,000 miles on clock in some cases. Why change a fuel pump that is working perfectly.

I take it you mean 03 facelift model.

Yes

Cambelt is changed at 60,000miles, as for fuel pump I think someone is pulling your leg,no such servive requirement.

I read it in the service schedule downloaded from the Toyota technical documents download website.

Part of the world I live in, to have a 150,000miles on new shape model of that age is not out of place, people hang onto cars a lot longer here. Old shape pre 2003 models would have up to 200,000 miles on clock in some cases.

Thanks

Why change a fuel pump that is working perfectly.

Indeed, that's what I want to be sure of.

Regards

I've just looked at the service schedule & it says the fuel pump is replaced every 90K miles. (The

timing belt is 60K miles)

I think I'm wrong, the pump is replace at 180K miles.

Which leaves the questions, is the pump driven off the timing belt (so a failed pump might threaten the whole engine)?

What would it cost to replace the pump at an independent, as a precaution?

As Beagh1958 stated the D4d fuel pump is NOT a service replacable item.To be realistic if it were the service cost would be it the £2500 rangeI think some one has made a typing error as the only service replacable items on the fuel system are the filter and fuel pipes on vehiles in excess of 100,000 miles. this requirement for the fuel pump is not on any official toyota service shedule

i would agree, it possibly means fuel filter as opposed to pump.

the pump would cost a fortune to replace so not really a service item.

Thanks to all for the reassurance.

I have now got to the bottom of it, my misunderstanding.

The chart I downloaded from http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com for the Avensis does say "Fuel pump Replace every 300,000 km (180,000 miles)", but it doesn't have a "spot" in the column for any car.

I couldn't understand that, but after searching all the download charts eventually found one car that does have a spot there - a Land Cruiser 200 :o

Sorry for any confusion caused & thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links