Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3sfe Timing Help

GT4 BOOSTER

hi men , i just changed the timing belt on the wifes rav 4 1998 auto , is it possible to fine tune the timing (without moving belt again) , think it may be 1/2 a tooth out at the cam side. very faint tick/tap at idle when cold seems fine when hot , drives fine no noises at all when cruising at 70 mph. crank kept on moving when i tightened up the tensioner , right pain in the backside.

any help or tips will be appreciated.

Hi Mate

My experience is that you will need to realign from the belt side. It may not be all bad cause if you have just fitted a new belt the tension might have an impact on the water pump give it a week or so.......all good news here!!

If you can get an alignment tool I always find that a drill bit can suffice. In fact I have used this on a 3s-fe engine before.

If you want to try I think with that engine you pull the fuse to the ecu and then when you inset it again this forces the sensors to update their readings, this may help and will take nothing to try, but I suspect you will be back out with the tools.

:(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links