Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Damage To T Sport

GaryB

Hello

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I own a 2004 T Sport which I have had for 3 years. This is my 3rd Celica and I absolutely love them. I have never had any problems with any of them.

Last Thursday I had to go to my Doctors for a routine blood test. I was in the surgery for about 5 minutes but when I left I returned to my car to find that it had been badly dented on the panel behind the drivers side door. The car that had been parked next to my car had gone. The car park only has 7 spaces and is just for the Doctors surgery. Whilst I was waiting in the surgery I actually saw the car that had been next to mine leave the car park. However, I didn't see its registration and in fact at the time had no reason to pay much attention to it.

The driver of the car had been a patient in the Surgery. I had an appointment at 8.20 a.m. (the 3rd appointment of the morning). Therefore, I am convinced that the damage was caused by one of the earlier patients both of whom I saw leave the surgery. The surgery (quite rightly) will not release contact details of either of the patients. Whoever caused the damage would have definitely known that they had done so but didn't have the courtesy to stop.

I have reported the incident to the Police but I don't expect that this will result in anything.

My dilemma now is that I really need to get the damage repaired. I can put this through my insurance and pay the excess. However, the body shop have advised that the rear panel needs to be completely replaced at a total cost of £1700 and will require the car to be in the body shop for up to 8 days. I recently was offered £9,000 for the car as a part exchange on another car. I feel quite gutted about the current situation and feel like I want to change the car now but I am guessing that even when the work is done the car may be worth less. Does anyone have any experience of this? Would I be better not getting the damage repaired and trading it in damaged thereby saving myself the £350 excess or is it still better to trade it in after the repair work is done?

Ideally I would like another Celica but I would also like a brand new car but as Toyota are not currently making them that is not feasible. Are Toyota ever likely to release a new Celica and if so when?

Any advice would be gratefully welcomed.

Thanks

Gary

welcome to the forum. sorry to hear about the damage you must be gutted. it depends on how bad the damage is? has it split the metal?

as far a i know there are 9 new models due to be released in the next 18months but no new celica :(

GaryB: Are Toyota ever likely to release a new Celica and if so when?

No Gary, no new Celica or MR2

People have no respect for others property. I witnessed a customer of ours reverse into somebody elses car. She got out, inspected the damage and tried to drive off. When I stopped her she said "Well you can repair that cant you" Yes we can but your paying! She was quite indignant that somebody had pulled her up and wasnt going to pay........Until I mentioned the Police being called...........That did the trick, there was about £1000 worth of damage to that one and her insurance paid

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hello Kingo

Thanks for the reply. Ironically, the T Sport that I have was intially purchased from Lindop Bros in Wrexham.

Disappointing to hear that there are no plans for a new Celica release. I'll have to see how I get on with the assessor next week.

You are spot on with the fact that people have no respect for others property.

Cheers

Gary

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links