Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help With Prob

ruffryder

I have started gettin a strange sound coming from my engine. I have a Gen 6 GT. When the engine is idle or at low revs there is a noise which is difficult to describe. Under the bonnnet it sounds high pitch but when im driving it sounds like a grinding noise. Any ideas? Really would appreciate any help on this as.

I have started gettin a strange sound coming from my engine. I have a Gen 6 GT. When the engine is idle or at low revs there is a noise which is difficult to describe. Under the bonnnet it sounds high pitch but when im driving it sounds like a grinding noise. Any ideas? Really would appreciate any help on this as.

ill have a stab at alternator bearing or power steering pump only a guess or do you lose any power/performance

ill have a stab at alternator bearing or power steering pump only a guess or do you lose any power/performance

dont notice change in power but when i put foot on clutch whilst driving the noise goes????

ah sound like the clutch release /thrush bearing is worn that will mean gearbox off to replace so might as well get complete kit and fit full clutch assembly it could go on for months years or it could collapse any time and cause you a bigger headache i would replace to be safe :D

ah sound like the clutch release /thrush bearing is worn that will mean gearbox off to replace so might as well get complete kit and fit full clutch assembly it could go on for months years or it could collapse any time and cause you a bigger headache i would replace to be safe :D

thanks alot for the help. I also need to do discs and brakes all round. looks like its gona hit me in the wallet big time! cheers tho

when you say "DRIVING" do you mean standing still on tickover or are you actually moving at speed.

you should not really be able to hear the "THRUST BEARING" rattle , unless your standing still.

lets presume that this noise is the clutch assembly bearing for now then , id personnally just leave it alone untill you need a new clutch or if it bothers you that much have a new clutch assembly fitted whilst changing the bearing at the same time as its 1 part of a 3 part set.

this bearing could rattle away for years and still give good service.

try here for brake parts - http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/ about £ 180 for 4 discs , pads and handbrake shoes.

when you say "DRIVING" do you mean standing still on tickover or are you actually moving at speed.

you should not really be able to hear the "THRUST BEARING" rattle , unless your standing still.

lets presume that this noise is the clutch assembly bearing for now then , id personnally just leave it alone untill you need a new clutch or if it bothers you that much have a new clutch assembly fitted whilst changing the bearing at the same time as its 1 part of a 3 part set.

try here for brake parts - http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/ about £ 180 for 4 discs , pads and handbrake shoes.

No i get the noise every now and again whilst driving. Not standing on tick. Its not a nice sound but if its not gona do any damage for now I will leave it for a while. Thats not too bad for brakes. I had been looking at ebc's but might just go with the cheaper ones. I have got a different suspension on my car so not sure if i need different ones?

No i get the noise every now and again whilst driving. Not standing on tick. Its not a nice sound but if its not gona do any damage for now I will leave it for a while. Thats not too bad for brakes. I had been looking at ebc's but might just go with the cheaper ones. I have got a different suspension on my car so not sure if i need different ones?

i dont think superstrut on the ss2/uk gt came with bigger brakes like the st205 did ,presuming this is your suspension fitted. but i may be wrong , best bet is to simply measure the diameter of the discs fitted, also thickness depending how old they are could be measured also . then compare with what TCB stocks , brakes international may be worth a shout too seeing as tcb sells genuine toyota parts , brakes int sells copies but quality is good as i have used them myself. happy motoring .

i dont think superstrut on the ss2/uk gt came with bigger brakes like the st205 did ,presuming this is your suspension fitted. but i may be wrong , best bet is to simply measure the diameter of the discs fitted, also thickness depending how old they are could be measured also . then compare with what TCB stocks , brakes international may be worth a shout too seeing as tcb sells genuine toyota parts , brakes int sells copies but quality is good as i have used them myself. happy motoring .

ye thats it superstrut. couldn't think what it was. thanks alot for all the help. it sbetter knowing dont have to spend a fortune on the nrakes

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links