Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Approved Used Car - Brake Pad Condition

Toblerone

Hi folks

I bought my Aygo as an approved used car from toyota a few weeks ago, however after finding my spare tyre was completely bald (replaced after storming into toyota with it held aloft in front of customers ;)) i've lost confidence in their pre-delivery check and had a good mechanical look over myself.

I've dicovered that the front brake pads are on the limit and will need replacing fairly soon. Is it reasonable to expect these to have been changed in the pre-delivery check a few weeks ago?

Hi folks

I bought my Aygo as an approved used car from toyota a few weeks ago, however after finding my spare tyre was completely bald (replaced after storming into toyota with it held aloft in front of customers ;)) i've lost confidence in their pre-delivery check and had a good mechanical look over myself.

I've dicovered that the front brake pads are on the limit and will need replacing fairly soon. Is it reasonable to expect these to have been changed in the pre-delivery check a few weeks ago?

I would have thought that provided they stopped the car with the correct level of efficiency that they would fulfill the approved brief. However brake pads are a dodldle to do so i would ask for toyota to cover the cost. Depends on the dealer i suppose.

Just cause a scene on a busy saturday afternoon if they refuse!

Good Luck

Hello

As the brake pads are so incredibly easy to check - yes I would definitely expect them to have been checked if they did a pre-delivery inspection.

Bald tires and worn out brake pads are serious safety issues, so I suspect they've not checked anything at all and would be writing my first round of complaint letters about now.....

Batfink x

This is what you SHOULD get with an approved used Toyota

All Toyota Approved vehicles are given a thorough inspection, to an RAC approved checklist, by an approved mechanic before being sold. If the vehicle is not up to our rigorous standards, your Official Toyota Service Outlet will rectify all faults free of charge.

I would be asking to have the vehicle re-checked. Speak to the sales manager and be firm and polite, expressing your concerns

Kingo :thumbsup:

Had the car checked over and they discovered the pads were 80% worn.

Cheeky so and sos tried to say they'd last until the next service, but the look on my face must've been telling as they quickly said they'd change them there and then!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links