Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery

micromalc

Hi All,

Hoping to get a new T Spirit very soon. I understand that the Battery is guaranteed for 8 years, but after that does anyone know the cost of a replacement, if it is needed?

Hi All,

Hoping to get a new T Spirit very soon. I understand that the battery is guaranteed for 8 years, but after that does anyone know the cost of a replacement, if it is needed?

If you buy a new car, the chances are that you are unlikely to get out of the warrany period for your hybrid system. But assuming that you will, the chances are that your Battery will not fail after 8 years- they are normaly design to operate between 60-80% of the capacity so will ensure life long operation. In the very unlikely event that your Battery will fail after 8 years of operation, I would assume that the price of today will not apply in 8 years anyway. Today's price for replacing a HV Battery would be probably around €5000 for the current model( NHW20), but the more batteries are manufactured the cheaper they will become. At the same time, in my research on the www I found reports in the US that mentioned replacing the cells on the current bateries with he same types of cells as provided by Toyota( much cheaper than replacing the batteries) or replacing the cells with different types(gel based, etc....) that will offer a wider option and hopefully cheaper.

If you like the car just go ahead and buy it and don't worry about what could happen in 8 years time.

The only risk your battery could be exposed to is if the car is not operating for extended periods of time(2-3 months at a time) and would allow for the HV battery to discharge bellow the safe level. That way you could dammage your battery.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links